Lost college class ring found and returned after 27 years.
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By imagearhead

Thread: Lost college class ring found and returned after 27 years.

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    If its old or gold, im down.. ya dig?

Sep 2012
    Cincinnati OHIO
    Garrett Ace 250. 6.5x9 coil Bounty Hunters Quick Silver2 Bose, over the ear noise reduction and volume control headphones wireless. Garrett propointer.. I love the new one.
    31 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Lost college class ring found and returned after 27 years.

January 2nd. 2015 turned out to be a great day out dirt fishing. I went out to my local, pounded out, park and happened to find myself a 10k gold, University of Florida class of 1975. Of course, keeping with the spirit of detecting, I did a little "Yeah ME" dance. But I knew that I'd get to set off on another hunt... The hunt for the ringsoriginal owner. To my surprise, I was able to locate a likely candidate within two days. Going out on a limb, I tracked down an email address and sent the person a vague description and asked if they ever had a class ring. Well, as luck would have it, it did turn out to be that person. Whom described the ring in great detail. He even went as far as to point out that the ring had a dent on the bottom side due to a fall during a game of basketball. Which I was more than glad to see the dent once he pointed it out. Needless to say, I asked him for an address so that I could send it to him.... Not for a finders fee. (To his surprize). I'm elated to say that he was reunited with his class ring after losing it, during a game of flag football, in 1988. It is now back home in Greensboro NC. Having trouble with uploading photos. I will edit as soon as I can figure it out.

HH. And remember to fill up those holes!

us
    CincinnatiKid

Nov 2013
    Cincinnati Ohio
    XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
    1229 times
    Way to go imagearhead!
    Looking forward to pics.
    Peace ✌

Charter Member
    us
    Oct 2014
    Massachusetts
    Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II & X-terra 705; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i & DFX
    30524 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (2)
    Congratulations on the find and return.

us
    Title? old fart

Jun 2014
    mid western ARK
    XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
    13136 times
    Relic Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    awesome is the feeling, congrats on both the find and the return
    LUKE 15 : 8 "OR WHAT WOMAN, IF SHE HAS TEN SILVER COINS AND LOSES ONE COIN,DOES NOT LIGHT A LAMP AND SWEEP THE HOUSE AND SEARCH CAREFULLY UNTIL SHE FINDS IT?" 15 : 9 "AND WHEN SHE HAS FOUND IT, SHE CALLS TOGETHER HER FRIENDS AND NEIGHBORS, SAYING, "REJOICE WITH ME, FOR I HAVE FOUND THE COIN WHICH I HAD LOST!"

us
    If its old or gold, im down.. ya dig?

Sep 2012
    Cincinnati OHIO
    Garrett Ace 250. 6.5x9 coil Bounty Hunters Quick Silver2 Bose, over the ear noise reduction and volume control headphones wireless. Garrett propointer.. I love the new one.
    31 times
    Sorry guys and gals... I'm unable to upload any photos from my cell phones photo gallery. So that means no pictures of the ring still dirty with roots and all. Nor professionally cleaned up pictures.

us
    CincinnatiKid

Nov 2013
    Cincinnati Ohio
    XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
    1229 times
    Bummer.
    But I have yet to upload a single photo �� myself. Not for lack of trying either.
    I have a Windows phone ��, new version. I can get pics to upload, but I can't "drag" them into area that will post 'em? Very frustrating.
    Good luck.
    Peace ✌

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links