Lost college class ring found and returned after 27 years.

imagearhead

Sep 15, 2012
Cincinnati OHIO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250. 6.5x9 coil
Bounty Hunters Quick Silver2
Bose, over the ear noise reduction and volume control headphones wireless.
Garrett propointer.. I love the new one.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
January 2nd. 2015 turned out to be a great day out dirt fishing. I went out to my local, pounded out, park and happened to find myself a 10k gold, University of Florida class of 1975. Of course, keeping with the spirit of detecting, I did a little "Yeah ME" dance. But I knew that I'd get to set off on another hunt... The hunt for the ringsoriginal owner. To my surprise, I was able to locate a likely candidate within two days. Going out on a limb, I tracked down an email address and sent the person a vague description and asked if they ever had a class ring. Well, as luck would have it, it did turn out to be that person. Whom described the ring in great detail. He even went as far as to point out that the ring had a dent on the bottom side due to a fall during a game of basketball. Which I was more than glad to see the dent once he pointed it out. Needless to say, I asked him for an address so that I could send it to him.... Not for a finders fee. (To his surprize). I'm elated to say that he was reunited with his class ring after losing it, during a game of flag football, in 1988. It is now back home in Greensboro NC. Having trouble with uploading photos. I will edit as soon as I can figure it out.

HH. And remember to fill up those holes!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratulations on the find and return.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
awesome is the feeling, congrats on both the find and the return

OP
OP
imagearhead

imagearhead

Sep 15, 2012
Cincinnati OHIO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250. 6.5x9 coil
Bounty Hunters Quick Silver2
Bose, over the ear noise reduction and volume control headphones wireless.
Garrett propointer.. I love the new one.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry guys and gals... I'm unable to upload any photos from my cell phones photo gallery. So that means no pictures of the ring still dirty with roots and all. Nor professionally cleaned up pictures.

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bummer.
But I have yet to upload a single photo �� myself. Not for lack of trying either.
I have a Windows phone ��, new version. I can get pics to upload, but I can't "drag" them into area that will post 'em? Very frustrating.
Good luck.
Peace ✌

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread