Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Use to live in Marion Ohio, did all my partying on High Street in Columbus, by OSU.

Lived in Columbia Mo for about 19 years, Univ of Mo is in Columbia.

Lived in Lincoln Ne for about total of 4 years, Univ of Nebraska is there. Lit if partying and fun.

Lived in Mankato Mn for several years.. Cold as heck but loved the snowmobiling and sledding..Lots of partying.

Lived in Ft Dodge Ia and several other small towns in Iowa. COLD.

Lived in suburb of Chicago for couple years. Too much Traffic...

Lived in Minot ND for 18 months, too damn cold!

Lived in Denver for a year..Fell in live with the Rocky Mountains.

Lived in Okinawa for 18 months had a BLAST!!!!

Born and raised in Tampa Fl. Live in Orlando right now..

Posted From My $50 Tablet....
TH .. Who is after you that you moved around so much….. That sound like a lot of work to me all that moving..

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TH .. Who is after you that you moved around so much….. That sound like a lot of work to me all that moving..

I have worked telecommunications since 1973. I first did it because i was single and made good money so i enjoyed the traveling and partying. I was on the road installing central offices and line additions for 16 years for General Telephone before I quit working on the road and went to work for a phone company specializing in fiber optic communitions.. We owned UUnet which was one of the first commercial Internet service providers. We basically help build the early internet network...

Last edited:

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just sayin'...
Recent postings have been informational, fresh, relevant, strange, thought provoking, funny, sad, kind, mean, borderline inappropriate, yet continuous.
I like it!
Peace ✌

Yeah. I like it better'n the other few I read. Decided to become a Charter Member. I don't think that was available 9 years ago.

Hey, CK. Send me a three way from Gold Star. It's been 6 years.:laughing7:

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Damn it.... I said go back to sleep. We'll let ya know when we got something important to say. Don't make me come to Oregon.

rasberry th.jpg

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
I have worked telecommunications since 1973. I first did it because i was single and made good money so i enjoyed the traveling and partying. I was on the road installing central offices and line additions for 16 years for General Telephone before I quit working on the road and went to work for a phone company specializing in fiber optic communitions.. We owned UUnet which was one of the first commercial Internet service providers. We basically help build the early internet network...

Nuh Nuh!! Now I know who is packet bombing my neighbors router..which I just happen to use lately :D

BC

PS j/k

lockster99

Dec 8, 2013
SE Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Garrett
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I called Al....he said that's not the way he remembers it. Then he called you something that would get him a week off around here.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I called Al....he said that's not the way he remembers it. Then he called you something that would get him a week off around here.

Probably more like a month or more...

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone remember Plehbah? Or what about Hmmms (something like that) and them bones threads. I saw were they are doing a new reality show(history channel) off the Superstitious Mtns. I remember seeing producers flock in here and look at the threads and ask for info.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone remember Plehbah? Or what about Hmmms (something like that) and them bones threads. I saw were they are doing a new reality show(history channel) off the Superstitious Mtns. I remember seeing producers flock in here and look at the threads and ask for info.

To be honest I miss Plehbah, always enjoyed his threads even though I didn't always agree with him....

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To be honest I miss Plehbah, always enjoyed his threads even though I didn't always agree with him....

Agree. He was very intelligent on many subjects and opinionated for sure. Great guy.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hmmmm was a fun one. Every chip out of a rock and scraped barrk off a tree was significant.

We'd be up to our hips in treasure if his leads all panned out.

Nugs Bunny

Mar 13, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You know what life on the road is like for sure then. I feel the same way about it myself, it was fun at first but has grown old because I have. :laughing7:

I miss out on a lot and have lost touch with many of friends, sure wish I could find a job at home paying what this one does.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
what is it you do Nugs?

TheSleeper

Nov 25, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE/Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I must say Tnet is one if not the best. Been here since 06, actually before that but never registered, remember Jeff being one of the only mods, yeah he was kept busy. I remember the splits the community had and the friendships gained, all in all still here although off and on, depends on the seasons.

Nugs Bunny

Mar 13, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what is it you do Nugs?

I'm an Industrial Painter, I mainly just do bridges now but I have worked in/on chemical plants, power plants, steel mills, coal mines, water towers, electrical towers, electric and gas transmission stations, smoke stacks, and just about anything else that is high and scary and painted.

I have done commercial work in nursing homes and department stores, not bad work, definitely a lot safer but I make ALOT more on the bridges.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread