Nugs Bunny

Mar 13, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
aarc,
I posted this couple months ago on same subject...maybe add your twist to it..
I'm over the shows as they exist...I'm waiting for the perfect detecting show..something like this;

"1)the bathing suit beauty waves the start flag and they are off!!!!25 detectorists on quads 20 miles from hunt zone.
2)3 hits from the hidden paintball snipers and your out
3)at the hunt site you may have to defend your ground...mma style..tap out and your gone
4)zinclon=2 shots of sponsers whiskey...can slaw=1 shot...served by scantily clad babes.
5)after the two hour hunt survivors must race back to start point..this time in class 8 super trucks
6)at the"finds"party and competition the ultimate winner gets to go on a hunt anywhere,worldwide of choice.But must first get a tatoo live on camera and cant whine.

now this one I would watch"

"the bathing suit beauty"

Stop right there... now give her her a metal detector... THERE'S the show I WOULD watch!!! :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Gota keep the audience fearing they might miss someone having a nervous break down or an excited freak out if they don't tune in for each show. Kinda a parody of Jack Parr when he hosted late night t.v..
If I had Nat. Geo. I would watch a couple episodes.Watched a few minutes at a friends house and the guys were pretty zany.
Sure would not expect my type hunts to be shown though.
People watch them shows though. Too many watched another show and think detecting means something it is not. Like inflated values of recoveries that appear amazingly in great shape, and heavy equipment, big shovels and treasure everywhere..

Last edited:

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hope so! We could use new episodes! I need some tips on flinging myself into a tree or a pile of rocks!:laughing7:
I like the show and if this old body could, I'd be rolling on the ground too!

ROTF!! My wife watched it with me once and said "I guess the third stooge is taking the video, huh?" and walked off. :laughing7:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I must confess, I have yelled while detecting. Sometimes, stepping on stingrays makes me yell a common four letter word. I can remember yelling when a crab latched hold of a toe. I can remember yelling after having endured two rows of rough breakers in route to a sandbar - only to realize once I got there that I forgot to charge my detector. This, as I recall, resulted in me yelling a different four letter word. But I don't recall ever yelling due to a find. That's when I'm usually at my quietest. :laughing7:

Oh, but I have been yelled at while detecting. :laughing7:

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I must confess, I have yelled while detecting. Sometimes, stepping on stingrays makes me yell a common four letter word. I can remember yelling when a crab latched hold of a toe. I can remember yelling after having endured two rows of rough breakers in route to a sandbar - only to realize once I got there that I forgot to charge my detector. This, as I recall, resulted in me yelling a different four letter word. But I don't recall ever yelling due to a find. That's when I'm usually at my quietest. :laughing7:

Hmm......sounds like you're close to the beach. Where I hunt, it's only the typical snakes and bears we try to avoid.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ever been "tagged" by a stingray ?
I have...
Worst damn thing ever... really %%$%&^ me up.
You do not wanna experience it.
I was prolly 20 something and barely got sliced on side of foot...
Friggin venom and bacteria on the barb can kill you.
Thought I was gonna die... breathing started getting real shallow the whole 9...
ambulance came etc.

PS... you will never believe what INSTANTLY stops the pain... no kidding on this...
Paramedics got a super hot bucket of water...
Soon as I put my foot in... BAM gone...
Take your foot out...BAM back

Last edited:

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks ARRC. This is good to know.
Why does hot water alleviate such discomfort? And how is a "sting" fully cured?
Peace ✌

Jesse James

Mar 14, 2012
Lancaster County, PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've been trying to figure out if the new season is coming soon also. Seems to be nothing on the Internet to confirm it yet. I've been recording the re-runs every Friday to watch. I had talked to KG on the phone about 2 yrs. He was a really nice guy, and believe it or not, very calm! I can't help but love the show. Now "Dig Fellas", those guys were even stranger than KG and Ringy. They don't use pinpointers, or small hand diggers. Most of the time they dig with a pick-axe and talk like a bunch of stoners.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I forgot about "Dig Fellas"

DonDigger

Jan 11, 2013
Galveston Bay Area
Detector(s) used
Teknetics, Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jesse, if you want to watch all the old episodes in full but without the commercials check out YouTube channel "Skattejaegerne".

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Rolling Rock, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah just responding about the diggers show. First its nice to have something on tv concerning metal detecting. Second I understand they get carried away like a couple kids but I try to kind of ignore that and try to stay focused on what there are trying to find. They go to places most of us cant go, I mean private or protected areas with permission of course this is television so Im not sure what happens with all there finds. Its always the excitement of the find, I wouldn't have a problem returning a lost sentimental item to the original owner if possible. In ending our earth has so much undiscovered items in the ground as the ocean does. Its to bad the hobby is or seems to be getting to restricted so stupid we are not grave diggers anyway god bless

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
11AM to 3PM Eastern today on Nat Geo,
"Diggers" will be on for all those who wish to watch & Complain :laughing7:

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I dislike Diggers. They suck. They cast a poor image for the rest of us. They have a whole crew of researchers and people producing this show. Yes, they get to hunt some cool places that none of us would have a snowball chance in hell to ever get into, but the really never find anything good either. Its lame and even lamer is the fact that I have sat through a few episodes. My IQ has dropped a notch or two because of this.

What we need is a detecting show with a credible, serious - yet entertaining side like Oak Island. Better yet, would be a show with a cross of Oak Island with Dangerous Grounds, where a guy or a pair of people would be traveling the globe in search of treasure. A couple like Mykel Hawke and Ruth England from Man, Woman, Wild would make for an excellent show and people of intelligence may actually watch it and revere it. Can you see them travelling to India and detecting there? How about Russia? Poland? Dubai? Rio de Janero? There would definitely be some great destinations for a pair of classy detectorists instead of two idiots yelling nectar.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wouldn't be the first time an entire season was filmed and then dumped. Last season of mr. boom-baby was fully filmed and being edited. TV Channel was hyping the upcoming season and then it got cut.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wouldn't be the first time an entire season was filmed and then dumped. Last season of mr. boom-baby was fully filmed and being edited. TV Channel was hyping the upcoming season and then it got cut.

it may be the reason they ran the Diggers Marathon friday.
To see what kind of interest was there

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks ARRC. This is good to know.
Why does hot water alleviate such discomfort? And how is a "sting" fully cured?
Peace ✌

Forgot all about this thread/post... heh

CinKid... I do not know how or why this worked...
And as "yeah yeah as it sounds...
Tis true...
After re-reading my post I wanted to add...
People think that stingrays are like getting stung by a wasp/bee or something...
ehhh they are not anything like it...
Not even same planet as far as I am concerned...

And to emphasis the gravity of a stingray...
Out of all the deadliest animals on earth that Steve The Crocodile Hunter has been bitten by in his career...
Which one took his life ?
Stingray barb strike to the chest.
I do not think he even made it to land.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It works because the heat breaks down the venom. It works with other venoms too, but I don't know if you can do it long enough to destroy all the venom without cooking yourself in the process

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ROFL I don't Remember this old body ever having that energy :tongue3:

I know what you mean. I am almost 42 and a while back I found my first seated dime and I tried to hang upside down from a tree. I almost fell on my head and wondered how in the heck they can run around and do flips and roll on the ground and get back up and start detecting again?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions