Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wow, there have been some really awesome banner finds in the last month or so, some really nice finds are getting swallowed up by these as we get to see one impressive banner after another and they are all great banner finds. I like them all but was totally blown away by the gold and silver coin finds in California. just when you think that it can't possibly get any better, something like this happens. For some of the banner finds it is by chance that they happened to detect in the right spot, then there are the ones found by serious research and this is impressive indeed. I can't begin to imagine the flood of feelings over a find of a lifetime much less several of them at one time. Congrats to all of them

RJ55

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2014
western NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There's only one thing wrong with it.

what, your leotards are too tight?

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes this Banner has been crazy impressive lately. It was recently pointed out to me how diverse it was with incredible relics and coins new and old. I'm hoping my coin will get pushed off of there so I can be eligible for another spot by spring. Who the hell made that rule anyway? Shouldn't a banner find be a banner find regardless of a hunter having one up there or not

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's only one thing wrong with it.

what, your leotards are too tight?

What's wrong is I'm not up there!

And it's Spandex, and is suppose to be tight! The money I could save if I didn't have to grease myself up to get in.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes this Banner has been crazy impressive lately. It was recently pointed out to me how diverse it was with incredible relics and coins new and old. I'm hoping my coin will get pushed off of there so I can be eligible for another spot by spring. Who the hell made that rule anyway? Shouldn't a banner find be a banner find regardless of a hunter having one up there or not

Seriously dumb rule, and I'll bet your Shilling and 4 other banner finds that if a person got up there with a very nice Spanish silver and then 2 weeks later found a cache of 100 gold coins, it would be "what rule?" and the cache would go up. And we all know that would be the case, and that is why it's a dumb rule.

RJ55

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2014
western NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's wrong is I'm not up there!

And it's Spandex, and is suppose to be tight! The money I could save if I didn't have to grease myself up to get in.

It's gotta be awkward when you're hunting with IH and you're bending over to dig a hole or recover a target in your super tight spandex. Even just riding to the site would be awkward. Grown man cruising around in a spandex unitard. I don't question it cause it obviously works, kinda like my 8 infatuation. But I bet secretly IH really wishes you had a lucky number instead of a lucky SUPER TIGHT SPANDEX SUPER HERO SUIT

MUDSLINGER

Apr 4, 2014
Bourbon IN.
Detector(s) used
ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what amazes me is that we can still find land sites that haven't been touched by development. public land is rapidly becomeing off limits and private land certainly brings up all kinds of questions when a significant find is discovered. do you share info and valuables with the land owner. here in florida land sites are being buldozed and filled for more condos at such a break neck speed. so when I see the stuff up top I think about the site; what kind of activity was happening there couple hundred years ago. some times it is obvious and other times not so much. some states are over developed so I think about what has been covered up and lost. so you guys and gals up top really get my admiration for bringing the thrill of the find and shareing it with your fellow detectorists here on TN. I read each banner find like I'm right there beside you. KEEP EM COMEING

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what amazes me is that we can still find land sites that haven't been touched by development. public land is rapidly becomeing off limits and private land certainly brings up all kinds of questions when a significant find is discovered. do you share info and valuables with the land owner. here in florida land sites are being buldozed and filled for more condos at such a break neck speed. so when I see the stuff up top I think about the site; what kind of activity was happening there couple hundred years ago. some times it is obvious and other times not so much. some states are over developed so I think about what has been covered up and lost. so you guys and gals up top really get my admiration for bringing the thrill of the find and shareing it with your fellow detectorists here on TN. I read each banner find like I'm right there beside you. KEEP EM COMEING

Whenever I read replies like yours it makes me feel fortunate to live in a state that puts a lot of effort into preserving land. We have huge areas all over the place that have been preserved and hopefully always will be. I'm talking 1900 acre parcels and other enormous acreages. Yes our economy sucks and we are not business friendly but we still have lots of area open to the public. Many of these spots have been gifted to the towns by wealthy land owners and the stipulation is that it can never be developed. Some rally great people out there.

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks dirtlooter.
Until this thread, I've not taken time to view banner finds. I just viewed 7. Wow.
Congrats to all...
Peace ✌

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's gotta be awkward when you're hunting with IH and you're bending over to dig a hole or recover a target in your super tight spandex. Even just riding to the site would be awkward. Grown man cruising around in a spandex unitard. I don't question it cause it obviously works, kinda like my 8 infatuation. But I bet secretly IH really wishes you had a lucky number instead of a lucky SUPER TIGHT SPANDEX SUPER HERO SUIT

He doesn't care because I think it works better for him than me!

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I am amazed at what is still being found period much less the sheer quality of amazing finds. it is like you just get excited by one and then another one just as exciting or even more so is posted. I guess that is basically these kinds of finds that fuels some of us to look harder and dig more signals than we would have. I personally have a lot of respect for those of you that keep plugging on in spite of the fact that the odds are maybe against you finding something of that caliber. I get excited for the person that makes these finds because I can hear myself getting excited if it was me.

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well said! Despite all this talk of there being "no more virgin lands" to hunt I highly doubt that this is true. I wouldn't be surprised if over 99% of all lost treasure is still out there waiting to be found. This must be true because we treasure hunters only make up a very tiny minority of the population and considering the Earth has over 57,308,738 square miles of land, I doubt all of us combined have ever swung a coil over even a fraction of this. Sometimes we forget how dauntingly massive our planet actually is. And let us not forget the vastness of our oceans or the ever changing directions of our rivers, the countless lost civilizations, battles, pillaged lost wealth of nations that have been lost to all and never found. Humans will be uncovering lost treasure for thousands of years to come. From that perspective we, right now, are all living in the golden age of treasure hunting. Never before in the history of humanity have so many people had access to such advanced technology that has allowed them to look for treasure so easily.

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds

Don't be fooled by the appearance, when we're on a good site he moves very fluidly, like a jungle cat on the prowl, ready to pounce on its prey

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't be fooled by the appearance, when we're on a good site he moves very fluidly, like a jungle cat on the prowl, ready to pounce on its prey

Ring.... Ring.... pick up, that's my knees calling to ask what drugs you are on. :laughing7: Now thinking about it, this Fall was the best they've been in quite a few years.... So both will extend plenty well enough to kick Abe's a$$ this year. :headbang:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

What ? many members are lucky to get one banner in their Lives,
And your expecting to post another banner find in the Spring ?
Are you minting them in your basement ? :tongue3:

no. I think it is only fair if someone has a banner up there, they should not be eligible for another
until it is off the banner (10 in-between),
and Yes there will occasionally be exceptions.

if a member gets a Banner on a Gold coin, No way this side of the angry red planet,
should they get another banner side by side if they find another gold coin.

If they do & they pull another gold coin the next day, do we post a 3rd ?

or accuse them of holding out, trying to fill the Banner with past finds ?

Sorry I ain't playing that game.

If a member got a Banner on a Gold coin,
and the next day dig a vast Treasure beyond anything seen on treasureNet
yes there would be an exception made.

in my Eye Our Banner is special. it is not there to grease ego's
or advertise new posts. it has to be earned.

the things I have to banner due to votes, that make me Cringe are

*Identical type finds.
*threads that have the word Banner in their Title.
* threads with allot of crying for banner & digs against us
*and finds by hit & run Members who post, get banner, Then ignore us till they
get another find.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread