Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
after several hours of detecting today in an area with plenty of clad and hoping for silver, I was more able to check out the Rapoo headset. I quickly realized that the tones were not what I was used to, gone were the clear robust bell tones of the dimes and quarters. I was forced to keep a closer watch at the numbers to have any sort of idea what was possibly there. Now I am totally sold on the wireless thing, just going to have to get something of better quality in sound, now looking at the RS 160 by Sennheiser. I am a tone detector more so than a numbers like some people so I feel the need to hear those tones clearer. now if you are not into the tones like that, the Rapoo headsets will work great for you. my wife liked them but liked my Sampson digger even more as she used it to get up with, LOL I really like being free of the cord and being able to lay the detector down anywhere without having my headset, hat and glasses being pulled off. if anyone is currently using the RS 160, please comment of how you like them, thanks. Jerry

wecoyote

Oct 30, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett AT Pro, Whites 4900/D, Fisher TW-6, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got my Rapoo's installed on my AT Pro today, Will be trying them out soon.

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
mine worked fine other than the tones not being what I was used to, hopefully you will be happy with yours

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I run Rapoo 3070's with an added inline volume control on an Ace 350 and tones seem close too before. The additional volume control reduces input to transmitter avoiding distortion. Sometimes volume needs tweeked if still getting distortion. I'm no techie . Line level probably what needs to be set. Not by increasing voltage though but by having it at 1.0.(?).
Line level, instrument level, mic level explained

Last edited:

wecoyote

Oct 30, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the inline volume control on mine also.

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went with the tdk wr700's They are not here yet, and I haven't used this new Etrac yet either, lots of good reviews though. Almost as much as Grey Ghost.................hope I like them!!

wecoyote

Oct 30, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How are the tones for ya compared to before? Before the Rapoo's that is.

Just got home from a business trip. Hope to get out this weekend to give them a try.

wecoyote

Oct 30, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went with the tdk wr700's They are not here yet, and I haven't used this new Etrac yet either, lots of good reviews though. Almost as much as Grey Ghost.................hope I like them!!

Those TDK's look nice.

wecoyote

Oct 30, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally got out today for a few hours using the Rapoo's. The tones seem slightly higher pitched than before but once I got use to it, they were fine. :thumbsup:

I LOVE WIRELESS!!!! So much more freedom of movement. :headbang:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Sounds good.
Yes it is nice to not be tethered by the ears to something you set down and tug on. Or snag the cord,again. Or have it under your digger ect. again.
Enjoy and H.H..

gamiller

May 20, 2013
Detector(s) used
Tesoro sand shark,
fisher cz-21

Whites beach hunter300
minelab equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got my Rapoo's installed on my AT Pro today, Will be trying them out soon.
I just got an at pro , isn't the headphone jack a proprietary item

Auriemma

Jul 24, 2014
SE PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab: Sov XS; Sov XS2 Pro ; XS2a Pro ; E-TRAC; Profind 25, Garrett PP AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got an at pro , isn't the headphone jack a proprietary item
Yes, but Garrett sells an adaptor cable that allows the use of standard 1/4" headphones. The 1/4" connection won't be waterproof.

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Those TDK's look nice.

Got them hooked up today, way more comfortable than the Koss that came with the Etrac! New machine, and new head phones, so I cant compare sounds, have to wait for spring, but they sound good in the house!! Think I'm going like this wireless thing!

wecoyote

Oct 30, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, but Garrett sells an adaptor cable that allows the use of standard 1/4" headphones. The 1/4" connection won't be waterproof.

What I did was to purchase a 1/4" stereo plug, 1/4" stereo connector and 1/4" to 1/8" adapter from Radio Shack. I then cut the cord to the stock headphones, installed the connector to the detector end and the plug to the headphone end. This way I can use any headphones on it that use the 1/4" or 1/8" stereo plug. I have the blue headphones for water use so I can disconnect this current setup and connect the blue headphones direct to the detector for water use.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very interesting thread!

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
went out saturday, the wife gathered up my stuff and put it all in the truck for me, well almost it all. she left the wireless headsets at the house, I just happened to have an old set of wired behind the seat. quickly remembered why I hate them! Go wireless!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions