Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today was my grandfather's funeral. He was the one who got me interested in coins and stamps, I get my nostalgic appreciation for these things, as well as antiques and old buildings from him. He was a kind and gentle soul.

He was born in 1928. Today at the funeral, I put a 1928 penny into the coffin with him. It's a penny that I dug, and I was happy to send it back with him. I think he would have liked that. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1421707503.015694.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1421707525.799601.jpg

Last edited:

babybear

Mar 5, 2013
Detector(s) used
BH Platinum
Sorry for your loss J. That's a very awesome way to honor your grandfather, I'm sure he'll be looking over your shoulder the next time you swing your coil. God Bless.

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear about your Grandfather,
My condolences. .Im sure he would have liked that..He gave you a gift that keeps giving. .
George

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My condolences J Cache of the passing of your Grandfather, I'm sure if he appreciated antiques and history he would of like this also.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry for your loss. That was a really nice memento and I'm sure he's happy with it since it came from you!

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's really only a small handfull of "important" people in one's life, I'm guessing your grand pa was one of yours, he sounds like my kind of guy. Of course I'm sorry for your loss too, but at least you got to know him well, my grand father died when I was about 7, so I never really got to know him, or remember much about him. He was the same type of guy, very kind, and also a coin collector.

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
My condolences to you and your family

I'm sure in the future when you are unearthing some vintage coins your memories of your grandfather will be there always and his memory will live on

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
it may not seem like much to some, but it speaks volumes of both the grandfather and the grandson

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
So sorry to hear about the loss of your Grandfather. May God Bless.

DiggerGal

Oct 12, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So sorry for your loss. What a phenomenal way to honor your Grandfather! I'm sure that he will point you in the direction of many great finds ahead.

shoague

Dec 29, 2014
Frederick, MD
Detector(s) used
Garrett Pro AT, Garrett Propointer+
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ditto so sorry about your gDad. I think he would have loved the idea of

Metal Illness

Jul 1, 2011
Englewood, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was a wonderful thing to do. I was very fortunate to have my grandparents into my adult years, counting my blessings. I'm sure your Granddad was pleased and will be there with you in spirit when you're swinging your coil!

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Perhaps one day you both can talk about this again. I often think about the fact that I have been around long enough to have known WWI veterans and now being born in the 20s' and still alive is getting really rare.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know it's really cool that you shared that love with him. I feel bad for the people that never had that special connection with family. My granddad also loved coins and had a very nice collection. When I found that tree coin I so wished he was still around to see it. It's awesome that a little piece of you will be with him forever.

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mighty sorry for your loss, but what a blessing to have had such a wonderful granddaddy. Both of mine passed before I came along. Sure would've liked to have known them.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
VERY COOL.

Your Granddad Sounds like My Kinda Guy.
May he R.I.P..
&
Best Wishes To you & Yours.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
My condolences to you and your family. Great gesture! Thanks for sharing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions