Newbie here- need recommendations............

ms.digg

Tenderfoot
Apr 22, 2007
michigan

Mike Silver -gold

Dec 28, 2006
Detector(s) used
DFX - 1280 Excal.-1000
Hi diamondiva. I have2 Fisher 1280's. They are great in fresh water.Not good at all in salt water. I have them both hipmounted.[real heavy]. They probably are ok in the ground. I have never tried them that way. They are great in any campgrounds lakes or fresh water beaches. I have found many many Gold rings with them. I set the disc on 0. I set the volume up all the way and the sencsitivity up to max. At these settings any ring you pass over is yours. Good luck Mike.

erikk

Jan 6, 2007
Punta Gorda FL
Detector(s) used
EX2',CZ7a pro,Excaliburs 1000 & 2, F-75's ,Garrett Sea Hunter & Infinium LS PI , 1235X
What Mike said I have had one since early 85. Great for fresh-bad for salt. If you wantto do both get an Excalibur

TonyinCT

Mar 14, 2006
Granby, CT
Depending upon where you want to hunt will depend on how well this detector performs. Its a great fresh water detector and can be from average to a bit better in salt conditions. there are places it will only marginally work. since it is a VLF type it can be used on land as well. I would not reccomend it for both since it a bit heavy but as Mike has stated , you can hip mount it for the weight on land to be less.
TonyinCT
www.tcmetaldetectors.com

OP
OP
ms.digg

ms.digg

Tenderfoot
Apr 22, 2007
michigan
thanks- I would like something somewhat lightweight in and out of water. I really want to try out lake huron ( my parents have a cottage there) and lake st. clair, pretty much all fresh water lakes. Also beaches, parks, etc...I would love to find gold, silver, and a diamond would be nice ;)

D

Doctor Detroit

I was advised to buy a Tiger Shark by Sandman a while back and like it. It is very easy to use and have found a couple rings at a Metro Park last year, my first time in in the water.

jeffinflint

Feb 10, 2007
This place isn’t that far from Detroit, and it is a great place to deal with. They really know their stuff there. I have dealt with them, and I would give them my highest recommendation. You can call them, and they will answer any questions you may have. Not to mention, they are very pleasant. These days, that is a real breath of fresh air.

http://www.prostockdetectors.com/

Good luck, Jeff in Flint, MI

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread