Heres an interesting find

JC1

Jan 13, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's an interesting find

Here's a picture of my grandfather in 1942. He's the one in the middle with his Model 94 Winchester 30-30. That's his old Model A Ford. Note the license plate. You can tell it's 1942 because they did not have stickers back then. You got a new license plate every year with the year stamped on it. The license plate says, "Utah Center Scenic America - Y3269" and it's bright white.

273. Barney Hyde Deer Hunt.jpg

Early this last spring I was riding the horse up in the mountains on some property we own and I found this along the side of an old dirt road. It still has part of the car attached to it. Look how close the numbers are. I'm sure this license plate was off one of his cars, maybe a truck he had because he's the only one who would have been up there in 1942. You can tell it used to be white as well. I thought it was kind of interesting.

View attachment 1.jpg

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool. What would've been even cooler if you had found the Y3269 plate. That's what I first thought as I fixed my eyes on your post. But hey, if you found one of his old plates, I will still say....COOL

OP
OP
J

JC1

Jan 13, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool. What would've been even cooler if you had found the Y3269 plate. That's what I first thought as I fixed my eyes on your post. But hey, if you found one of his old plates, I will still say....COOL

I know, when I found it I rushed home to look at that old picture, but alas, wasn't meant to be. But still kinda cool.

Mud Hut

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool find! .. Great shape, too!

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Gee, that's the year I was born; 1942! Good pictures.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very interesting story! Thank you for sharing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread