cjrjr507

Sep 24, 2006
Libby, Mt.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi all XLT users

Found this while looking for deep silver programs for the Whites XLT. Blue Ridge Metal Detecting Club - Tips
I have put it into my XLT. Now just have to wait until the snow melts off, ha ha.
The guy said he has found silver coins 2 feet deep with this program. I will see if that is true or not. heh heh
Going to need a better digger than what I have.

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2' may be a bit of exaggeration? If true, lemme know. I'll be looking for an XLT. ;)
Peace ✌

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am just starting to learn about the XLT/DFX and this makes sense for cherry picking silver only, but what's the preamp set to? Or do you just crank that up to overload and and back it down on the xlt?

Erving

Apr 27, 2013
Massachusetts
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I wish you luck, but don't be disappointed if your machine doesn't go that deep. Also, with the VDI numbers he has discriminated out, you will be missing a lot of great relics, and most coins other than silver.

OP
OP
C

cjrjr507

Sep 24, 2006
Libby, Mt.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am just starting to learn about the XLT/DFX and this makes sense for cherry picking silver only, but what's the preamp set to? Or do you just crank that up to overload and and back it down on the xlt?

Hi Doug

I usually set my preamp gain to 8, the default is 3, which is what he was using I think. You can set it to whatever you want as long as the xlt is stable. A lot depends on ground conditions. Hot ground; lots of minerals, can raise hell with a detector.

OP
OP
C

cjrjr507

Sep 24, 2006
Libby, Mt.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I wish you luck, but don't be disappointed if your machine doesn't go that deep. Also, with the VDI numbers he has discriminated out, you will be missing a lot of great relics, and most coins other than silver.
Hi Erving

I kind of figured he was just looking for deep silver. If I want to find the gold and other coins that's an easy fix. I always play around with disc.

OP
OP
C

cjrjr507

Sep 24, 2006
Libby, Mt.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Now this xlt program I found sounds interesting. groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/metaldetecting/conversations/topics/4755
Will have to try it out. It's called Terry's Preamp 15 program.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

cjrjr507

Sep 24, 2006
Libby, Mt.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I put the Terry's Preamp 15 program into my xlt. Noticed the program had the Autotrac setting to off so he must be ground balancing it manually. I switched it to ON, personal preference.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions