Jun 15, 2013
New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well looks like we dodged the bullet as I have only about 5-6". Sending the boys out in a bit to shovel
laughing021.gif
lol.gif

We got about the same on the NY/CT border. Where did you get that cool weather gadget?

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Didn't hinder these guys,6:45 this AM.Now I have to go shovel...while the 23 year old sleeps.

GOD Bless

Chris

Good thing I don't have kids lol. I think I'd have my foot in someone's a$$ lol. I know my dad would have kicked my door in and dragged me outside.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope you beach hunters are ready to go when they lift the travel ban, there is supposed to be major shore erosion, bringing those long buried goodies with in reach!
Maybe the waves will sprinkle the shore with pirate silver and gold!

Well they've gone from mentioning my general area to mentioning my city by name as being in the snow bull's eye.....if anyone see's Murphy, tell him I want a word with him!

I seemed to have parked the truck the right way this time, it's almost clear of snow, except the bed which is full with snow and slanting up the rear window. We didn't lose power, wouldn't matter we have a wood stove. Sounded like the wind was trying to rip off a storm window about 4 this morning.

The birds and squirrels are hitting the feeders here too, also there was a hawk out this morning, so I guess life goes on even in a blizzard.

I think some neighbors maybe plowing the street, they are driving pick ups. City used their own heavy vehicles before.
Hope all are safe and warm we have about 10 more hours to go before it lets up.

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Buttoned up and waiting with the fire burning bright. Wind is blowing but no snow yet, and only expecting 1-3 inches.....feelings go out to those to our South who are in the eye of this one...remember "this too shall pass"...stay safe and smart.....Gary
Schools are closed in Tennessee.. If you squint & look really close you can see the snow on the edge of the road out front.. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• IMG_1623.JPG
    IMG_1623.JPG
    927.5 KB · Views: 47

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I guess some people got it North of us, but we got nothing here. I am not complaining mind you. We were ready, just in case. They do pretty good with the weather predictions, but guess you never know which way the wind is going to blow.
I don't think they are even close to good with predictions. Yesterday at noon they promised snowmaggeddon and 18-36 inches in Times Square by midnight. Absolutely had to shut down and fine anyone out in the open. Results? 5 inches by midnight?

Hard to believe anyone allows themselves to be lied to often enough to act on a whimsical hope.

At 6:30 it would stop snowing by 7:45 we heard here..... Still snowing, 10 am.

I think trying to believe the prognosticators for any further out than an hour is looking foolish.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Good thing I don't have kids lol. I think I'd have my foot in someone's a$$ lol. I know my dad would have kicked my door in and dragged me outside.

I remember my Dad doing everything that needed to be done,snow,leaves,mowing...I sure wish NOW I had helped.

rick67

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2014
Smithtown NY
Detector(s) used
XP, Whites, Garrett,
Lesche, T-Rex, RTG.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
IMAG0217.jpg I don't think it was all that. Still not over yet though.

Trooper733

Apr 3, 2013
Eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites DFX, Whites TRX, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
God Bless to those getting the worst of it. Be safe. I've mentioned it before but here in OK if we get more than one inch of snow or any ice people seem to lose all common sense when driving, the grocery store shelves empty like it's the zombie apocalypse, and news stations start broadcasting future school and church closings based on future forecasts!! Heck they close schools here due to WIND CHILL FACTORS, let alone snowfall amounts that wouldn't slide a sled.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
God Bless to those getting the worst of it. Be safe. I've mentioned it before but here in OK if we get more than one inch of snow or any ice people seem to lose all common sense when driving, the grocery store shelves empty like it's the zombie apocalypse, and news stations start broadcasting future school and church closings based on future forecasts!! Heck they close schools here due to WIND CHILL FACTORS, let alone snowfall amounts that wouldn't slide a sled.

It is like that here in PA at times also.
Everyone rushes to the store.

One TV Weather reporter here has taken to Describing the weather Prediction
by saying it will be a 1 Loaf, 1 Gallon or 2 Loaf 2 Gallon storm :laughing7:

I personally almost always have a Months worth of Food on hand.
Milk being the only thing that doesn't always last that long.
But unless I'm down to the last few drops right before a storm,
I never go shopping on a prediction.

and I believe I'm 6.7 Mile from the nearest store

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeti Seen in Mass

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Just got through snow blowing about two feet of snow, as I completed one section another inch or two fell. It is still snowing very hard, expecting 8 - 10 inches of more white bliss in the next few hours.

classic162

Tenderfoot
Mar 2, 2014
ma. southshore/sw florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i'm watching the storm out my window, waves are crashing on the beach and the snow is still coming down. 2+ feet outside my door right now. Just started my backhoe up to start clearing the snow.

I knew I should have headed to Cape Coral, Fl. last week for the winter.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread