pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
His old lady just now drove off with it. I almost cried! I took this pic just before it left my garage View attachment 1111796

Geez my eyes are getting damp just thinking about it, it's like loosing a pet. I lost my /99 Lightning due to an accident going on 6yrs and still miss the ride. There was nothing nicer than putting on some good tunes and going for a ride, spin a little rubber to feel young and foolish every so often.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know what it felt like when I sold my 55 Chevy, it hurt and it really sucked to see someone else driving my car in town...

Posted From My $50 Tablet....

TommyB

Jul 24, 2013
OC, Calif
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Surf PI & Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I've had my '65 Sunbeam Tiger for 21 years. I told my kids I want to be buried in it ! I will never sell it. ( although it IS worth a bunch more these days).

Sidevalve45

Apr 8, 2007
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter/Sharp Shooter
I feel your pain. I owned my 1980 Harley Lowrider for 30 years and sold it couple years ago. I was the second owner since 1982 and put 64,000 miles on that bike. I took it to Sturgis seven or eight times and it never let me down. On the upside I rode the wheels off that thing and sold it for $400.00 more than I originally paid for it. I also had a 37 Chevy pick up truck that I built over a 12 year period of time. About the only thing left to do was put the grill emblem on and it would have been done when I sold it too. Now that I'm getting older and am about done with motorcycles I wish I had it back. I'm building a 1947 Harley UL which is 74" flathead now but at the rate I'm going I'll be too old to kick start the thing by the time it's done.

Thanks for the post,
Sidevalve45

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello Mr.b,

I feel your pain! Very interesting timing, I restored a 1967 Ford convertible Mustang and sold it many years ago to pay for college; was thinking of that car yesterday.

OP
OP
flatbutton

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Tesoro Sand Shark,Nautilus DMC 1, Garrett Grand Master Hunter,Garrett Master Hunter 5 , Whites Coinmaster 5000/D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know what it felt like when I sold my 55 Chevy, it hurt and it really sucked to see someone else driving my car in town...

Yeah, I'm going to miss pulling up to a stop light and having people stare at it. It has a really nice lope to it at idle.

OP
OP
flatbutton

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Tesoro Sand Shark,Nautilus DMC 1, Garrett Grand Master Hunter,Garrett Master Hunter 5 , Whites Coinmaster 5000/D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had my '65 Sunbeam Tiger for 21 years. I told my kids I want to be buried in it ! I will never sell it. ( although it IS worth a bunch more these days).
There is one of those running around here and it is Bad A$$

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

yeah but that was back in 56

OP
OP
flatbutton

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I feel your pain. I owned my 1980 Harley Lowrider for 30 years and sold it couple years ago. I was the second owner since 1982 and put 64,000 miles on that bike. I took it to Sturgis seven or eight times and it never let me down. On the upside I rode the wheels off that thing and sold it for $400.00 more than I originally paid for it. I also had a 37 Chevy pick up truck that I built over a 12 year period of time. About the only thing left to do was put the grill emblem on and it would have been done when I sold it too. Now that I'm getting older and am about done with motorcycles I wish I had it back. I'm building a 1947 Harley UL which is 74" flathead now but at the rate I'm going I'll be too old to kick start the thing by the time it's done.

Thanks for the post,
Sidevalve45
I had a Harley a LOOONG time ago. It was a street legal oil injected 2 stroke 250cc made in Italy for AMF Harley Davidson. I think it was a 1978 model

OP
OP
flatbutton

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Mr.b,

I feel your pain! Very interesting timing, I restored a 1967 Ford convertible Mustang and sold it many years ago to pay for college; was thinking of that car yesterday.
Yeah, I look back at all the cool stuff that I've had to sell over the years out of necessity, and think Damn!

bowser

Feb 27, 2007
SOUTH WEYMOUTH MA.
Detector(s) used
PRISM11 MXT IDX PRO TESORO COMPARDRE T2 se
Primary Interest:
Other
don't feel bad there are a bunch of us out here that hate Fords anyway:occasion14:

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What I see is the opportunity to find another ride. I have a 67 GTO convertible that I did a frame off restoration on. If someone gives me my asking price it will be gone and I will move on to my next one. Maybe A Henry J? To me it's more the thrill of the hunt. Once the car is finished I'm ready for the next one. Oh yeah, I sold a 65 GTO to get the 67.

Attachments

• GTO 013b.jpg
    GTO 013b.jpg
    198.3 KB · Views: 97

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Ok, this is for everybody. I grew up with classic cars and have sold every one of them. 62 Impala 409, 66GTO, 66Mustang, 57Corvette, 56 T-Bird and a bunch more. All sold now. You get a great classic, you do as much to it as you want, YOU HAVE FUN and then you go on to the next one. There are still plenty out there. Drive through poorer neigborhoods(especially around here) and pick one up easy. Don't look online, don't check mags, just go out and look. Price is always negotiable when you have cash. Find something you like pretty cheap, build an engine, decent paint job, mechanical work yourself, pros when needed and you have a set of wheels you will cherish. But Dad always said that an "old car is still an old car". I outgrew the hobby, gave my rolling tool chests away, sold everything and drive a 2001 chevy truck. If you miss your cars or want a car, get a job, buy one and go for it. The secret to missing is to get another one. Let us know...

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What I see is the opportunity to find another ride. I have a 67 GTO convertible that I did a frame off restoration on. If someone gives me my asking price it will be gone and I will move on to my next one. Maybe A Henry J? To me it's more the thrill of the hunt. Once the car is finished I'm ready for the next one. Oh yeah, I sold a 65 GTO to get the 67.

don't suppose your asking price is $3500?

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm thinking I'll have a beer or twelve!

You sold a car that many of us could only dream of owning. You need a 12-pack of these:

By golly you better buy a Vette with that cash! Or I'll be sending this guy...

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Dude, thats gorgeous. Another car I'd give my right nut for.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
that beiber or cyrus?

OP
OP
flatbutton

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You sold a car that many of us could only dream of owning. You need a 12-pack of these:

By golly you better buy a Vette with that cash! Or I'll be sending this guy...

DAMN! That's pretty good Higgy! As for the Vette, You better go ahead and send the toaster strudel kid down because I'm not going to blow a load of cash on a plastic car :laughing7:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow that's a nice looking car your going to be missing, ouch!
I'd be downing something a little stronger that beer.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread