Silver Member
Aug 18, 2007
Rochester,Minnesota
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I know a guy who robed a bank setting in the back seat of a taxi cab. Sent in a note saying he would shoot the cab driver. A few days later he got caught and was checked by a doctor and was mentally ill. He never went to prison and got total disability from social security. No more work and a fat check each month.
She might luck out.:thumbsup:

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I know a guy who robed a bank setting in the back seat of a taxi cab. Sent in a note saying he would shoot the cab driver. A few days later he got caught and was checked by a doctor and was mentally ill. He never went to prison and got total disability from social security. No more work and a fat check each month.
She might luck out.:thumbsup:

Genius!

I gotta think about this some.:laughing7:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WARNING: do not accept that woman as a brain donor

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You REALLY don't want the answer to that!

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Folks,

It boggles the mind how these people get through the day let alone life....it almost makes me feel normal....that's if you can consider detectorists normal....lol.

Regards + HH

Bill

1shotwade

May 29, 2014
southern Indiana
Detector(s) used
white 4900/d
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When my wife got out of the military we went to visit friends in SC for a couple weeks.Tom worked for mosler safe and was on call so when something came in I would ride along.One of the calls was brinks overloaded the vacuum tubes with coin and had $30,000 stuck that could not be retrieved but the other 2! Whow!One 3am call was for an ATM machine. Seems some nut case got all drunked up and tried to stick up the machine and when it wouldn't hand over the money like he told it to he shot it six times. The other one was just after Tom got off work he was recalled to a bank. Some guy walks into the bank with a mask on and a gun and yells"This is a stickup! Everybody behind me!" Everyone complied,including the two brinks drivers ,both armed who politely relieved him of his weapon.Anyway,Tom had to reset something that locks down during a robbery.

Wade

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
why are any of us surprised....ft.hood shooting was merely work place violence.I see stupid stuff every day from those who will tell me what is best for me...sigh

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember the one where the guy wrote his holdup note on the back of one of his own checks. :laughing7:
Then there was the guy who put his mask on after entering the bank. :laughing7:
I remember reading about one guy who had to stop in the middle of things and call someone to come and get him. :laughing7:

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Real stupid... even when caught red-handed!!! Came out of Lowes in 96' or 97' heading to my car. Got about 100' from my bright red Camaro in broad daylight. Watched a high 4 x 4 truck back up and hit the right rear of my car hard. Smashed the quarter panel, broke tail light and buckled trunk. Then.... put it in drive and headed my way. I got my cell phone out and pointed it right at him. And he & friend saw me CLEARLY. He had to drive within 10' of me and turn left or right. I keep my arm out after he passed at the rear of his truck. He drove down the lane and then he turns back up the same lane my car was in with his window down. He asks me "What's my problem"? I said you hit my car and he says "I did NOT". Then he asks "Did you take video or pictures because I don't like that". So I'm ignoring him and calling law enforcement. Then he says... "Well if I did... I didn't know it"! Hell the whole car moved over 18". I go to car, cops show up, he parked nearby pissed. His friend admits to cops he knew it.

Then heard his friend say to him "To bad that guy got pics or video". I said I didn't... my phone doesn't take pics or video!!!! :tongue3:

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Real stupid... even when caught red-handed!!! Came out of Lowes in 96' or 97' heading to my car. Got about 100' from my bright red Camaro in broad daylight. Watched a high 4 x 4 truck back up and hit the right rear of my car hard. Smashed the quarter panel, broke tail light and buckled trunk. Then.... put it in drive and headed my way. I got my cell phone out and pointed it right at him. And he & friend saw me CLEARLY. He had to drive within 10' of me and turn left or right. I keep my arm out after he passed at the rear of his truck. He drove down the lane and then he turns back up the same lane my car was in with his window down. He asks me "What's my problem"? I said you hit my car and he says "I did NOT". Then he asks "Did you take video or pictures because I don't like that". So I'm ignoring him and calling law enforcement. Then he says... "Well if I did... I didn't know it"! Hell the whole car moved over 18". I go to car, cops show up, he parked nearby pissed. His friend admits to cops he knew it.

Then heard his friend say to him "To bad that guy got pics or video". I said I didn't... my phone doesn't take pics or video!!!! :tongue3:
He's darned lucky his IQ wasn't a half notch higher! He'd have tripped over it & said you tried to assault him!:icon_thumright:

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While working Hotel security, got a complaint there was a hooker soliciting. Finally caught up to her on the third floor. Start telling her she needs to leave & she pulls a knife. I told her three times to put the knife on the ground and step back against the wall, each time looking over the rail asking her if she can fly. This little lady starts spouting all the ghetto garbage stating she can't fly. Told her to put the knife down or I was gonna chuck her over the rail to test her flying capabilities. She finally complies, and I hooked her up through the rail. PD shows up & we swap cuffs. She all of a sudden starts yelling "He was gonna throw me off the balcony!" The officer standing next to me looks at me dead pan and says "Why didn't you?" The little black hooker stood there completely silent shocked look on her face. Made my night!!!!! In all fairness, she at least knew enough to shut up after the officer made that remark.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
He's darned lucky his IQ wasn't a half notch higher! He'd have tripped over it & said you tried to assault him!:icon_thumright:

Yea... the driver was REALLY pissed. But his friend/passenger was much more down to earth. Driver had no insurance, been drinking (passed testing) and just got license back week before. But he sure was pissed when he "thought" I took photos of his vehicle and him. He was really mad especially when I just ignored him. His friend and the 3 cops actually laughed when I said my phone didn't take photos or video (then). Guess you'd have to have been there... but it was classic! :occasion14:

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Way back in the 60s or early 70s, I knew a couple of brothers. They were married, but had no children that I remember. They decided to rob a bank. They left their wives in a big Lincoln just outside the small town. They drove a red Firebird convertible into to town, parked in front of the bank, and went with guns drawn. They robbed the bank, ran out to the Firebird, drove it out of town, parked it in the ditch, got into the Lincoln. Almost everyone in the bank knew them! The sheriff's department, by then, was after them. They drove the Lincoln to their mom's home out in the country, about 10 or 12 miles. They parked in the driveway, jumped out, grabbed the sacks of money, and started running across the fields. The sheriff's men were in hot pursuit. They started tiring; a lot of it probably because they both smoked. They dropped the money sacks, and kept running. Finally they were so winded, they stopped and raised their hands. Several years later, after they got out of prison, I talked to the older brother. I was at dropping a load of gasoline at a station. He stopped to fill up. We had run together several years before he held up the bank. (Glad I dropped him!) About two years later, I heard that he and his brother were back in prison.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This one time, a guy claimed that he found a reale on the beach, took a crappy pic of it, then sold it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions