Alibaba

SurgTech57

Mar 15, 2014
South Bend
Detector(s) used
ML Equinox 800, and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
One of my grand babies is expressing an interest in metal detecting. I bought them a a Bounty Hunter which he has been using. He has seen my finds in the water are better than his and he is wanting to hunt in the water. So my question is this. I know that on Alibaba they sell a bunch of knock off and I was wondering are any of the waterproof models any good up to 5 feet of depth? If not what would be a good waterproof detector to start a kid on?

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Surg,

I wouldn't take a chance on those units especially for water hunting.....maybe you can pick up a used water unit from a brand name company....just my 2 cents.

Regards + HH

Bill

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Surg,

I wouldn't take a chance on those units especially for water hunting.....maybe you can pick up a used water unit from a brand name company....just my 2 cents.

Regards + HH

Bill

I agree with Bill, I would not waste my money on a knockoff water detector, environment is too caustic. We have used water detectors sold here often.

Posted From My $50 Tablet....

“A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.”
― James Madison

The Constitution of the United States of America

OP
OP
S

SurgTech57

Mar 15, 2014
South Bend
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Thanks you guy! So where on Tnet are used units listed?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks you guy! So where on Tnet are used units listed?

We have a forum called "Marketplace", in it are 3 sub forums, dealer classifieds, charter member classifieds and services offered.

Posted From My $50 Tablet....

OP
OP
S

SurgTech57

Mar 15, 2014
South Bend
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Thank you Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had a friend some years ago who wanted to hunt under water at the beach. He had an old (new back then) Bounty Hunter Red Baron. He slid the shaft out where the adjustable length was, and stuffed it with putty, then wrapped tape around it. Then he made a sling for the main unit to hang around his neck. Then he used the lower shaft and coil to search the bottom of the lake down to probably 6 or 7 feet.
I can't recommend this, but it worked well for him during several weeks of hunting.

signal

Apr 30, 2011
Royal Palm Beach, Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030, Minelab Exalibur II, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
There is a difference between "knock offs" and actual manufacturer stock that has gone "missing". For example, Minelab had many units "fall off a truck". These are not eligible for support but they are real minelab machines, made the same way as the rest. I have no idea what the story is on them but there could be a good deal out there.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello SurgTech57,

I would strongly advise not to purchase a detector from Alibaba. A better choice would be one of the forum sponsors who give us great prices and service.

Regards,

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dont buy anything from that place. That Place sells counterfeit Silver and Gold Coins and Bars. They are doing nothing but selling items that others can sell as the real deal and rip people off

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread