Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After 30 plus inches of snow in the blizzard, it's at it again! Maybe 1-3 inches in this Friday/Saturday storm ...and, Monday maybe another jackpot of a foot or more! Sob!!! Will we ever see ground again? That's a lot of snow for the detector.

I have noticed that before the blizzard we just had there were flocks of geese heading north (they got less snow up there), and tonight I heard a flock going over, probably headed north.
If there are more flocks flying north in the coming days, we may be in trouble up here.

.......will somebody please post beach pics with their finds.....please! Sob! Sniffle....

slink

Dec 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its hard to point out a positive sensing your frusteration but Ill try anyway.Its really easy to lose stuff in snow maybe when its gone a surface found gold ring will show up

rick67

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2014
Smithtown NY
Detector(s) used
XP, Whites, Garrett,
Lesche, T-Rex, RTG.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You got to get the right set-up Snow-Flamethrower-550-x-362.jpg

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea i got a few inches today, Plows were working Hard
another Plowable snow expected Sunday

& Every 3 days according to last report :(

they call the "Clippers"

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
It was 81*-82* a couple of days ago. Today about 60* Brrrr. I made the cat a fire tonight...

OP
OP
M

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where's the fire breathing dragon when you need him.....in Aruba hanging out with Murphy!!!!

Snow by it's self is not that difficult, but combined with the low temps (high, 17) and the 40mph winds (wind chill -8) it is nasty out, and it's not going to improve anytime soon! :sadsmiley:

It would be hard to spot any dropped object with the wind whipped snow covering it almost immediately and your trying to protect your face from the onslaught. I do hunt the plowed snow piles but not in gale force winds, and when the plow drivers are out making white mountains out of it! I don't run fast enough to get out of their way now days! :laughing7:

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
its seems it is either excessively snowing, raining or in a super hot dry drought. we may be getting flooded here where I live and 200 miles away, the lakes are drying up. "most of the time" at least in the last several years, we might get a 13 inch snow and in two days it is gone (happy me). hopefully this will make for better detecting in the ground for you and you will make your best finds yet.

OP
OP
M

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There was mentioned some kind of weather machine they were using.....I wonder?

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My mom would always stock up on "indoor winter time projects". Paint-by-number sets, needle point and latch hook kits, or any kind of indoor project, that could pass the time during winter. I suggested to Chug & Red, maybe CRH-ing in winter. :laughing7:
I hate the days being so short..... hang in there, and try not to go too stir crazy.

CA Gold Hunter

Nov 14, 2014
Northern California
Detector(s) used
White's TDI SL, Fors Gold+, Gold Monster 1000, 36" Bazooka Prospector, 30" Bazooka Sniper.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Send some our way, we need it really really bad. I'm heading to the creek today to do some sluicing and will be in a tshirt, swim trunks and sandals... Gonna be miserable summer at this rate.

kayakpat

Mar 31, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hoooohhhhh there coming to take you away ha ha hehe Site's Staff = ( There is no staff here. We’re Magicians.)

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Looks like a job for PI detectors :BangHead:

OP
OP
M

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wanted to go detecting before the storm hits but had to do some storm prep instead.

Maybe I'll just start sorting thru my years collection of goodies tomorrow during the storm, cause after, the snow shovel and I have a date!

bowser

Feb 27, 2007
SOUTH WEYMOUTH MA.
Detector(s) used
PRISM11 MXT IDX PRO TESORO COMPARDRE T2 se
Primary Interest:
Other
went to the beach,got a 1925 merc dime, a qtr and 3 corroded pennies

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread