MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, :hello:

So you've gotten into metal detecting and your finding all kinds of junk ? ??? You want to make some of your money back on your investment of buying a detector but you don't know what to sell? :icon_scratch: I want to tell you my experience with selling the stuff I found. :thumbsup: I noticed I could get more money for the junk/relics than I can the good silver coins and jewelry. :dontknow: Even sold pieces of junk for more money than gold rings !! :tongue3: So if you need to sell stuff don't be so fast to sell those silver coins or gold jewelry. KEEP it and sell the junk you find that you think NO ONE would give you money for. :headbang: I think you would be surprised, what people buy online !!

Keep @ it and HH !! :hello2:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Keep the keepers sell the crap, buy something nice, smile be happy.

Or just build a bigger cave to hoard more, like me. :laughing7:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't have much if I don't include coins or jewelry that would be of interest; let alone value. Rusty chunks of old farm equipment mostly.

What's a crushed aluminum bottle cap going for on ebaY?

relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I sold 4 old signs I found on ebay recently- earnrd over $100.. I have a lot of old bottles of which there are a number of run of the mill ones I'd sell.
I sure have a lot of old iron relics many I'd never part with but quite a few I would. I guess if you are willing to make out an ebay ad with photo and description, then monitor any auctions because they;re timed, you should be able to convert quite a bit for cash, if that's what you want to do. I like to fund my detecting purchases with the sale of stuff I;ve found. I converted my sign sale to a Garmin Foretrex gps so I can explore the woods without fear of getting lost.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello,

I usually keep all of the coins and relics...just like them all, but many of the jewelry items I tend give away to family members and friends. When I'm working on a Historical Site when I recover relic, it is turned over to the house or town for display. To me, its really the fun of the hunt; you never really know what is under the coil unless you dig!

Regards,

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread