OP
OP
Mud Hut

Mud Hut

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lots of good ideas, thoughts, and suggestions have been made here, and I appreciate each and every one. Certainly gives me a lot to think about as I move into my final chapters.
Thanks all :notworthy: You have been a great help.

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what about donate to the musueum and have your name permentantly attached to the items...unless you need the money?

outdoorfunblonde

Nov 14, 2014
South Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350 with 8.5"x 11" DD coil & Vulcan 360 pin pointer
along with good 'ol eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good question... as I have had the same thought of wondering where all my wonderful fossils will end up when I pass.
Now that I detect too, the question is enhanced!! LOL
Not everyone has interest in the things we have picked up, and it is important that we as a group some how plan.. think... or whatever it takes to ensure ALL of our "things" go to someone who really enjoys them and who is excited to have them.
Auctions are good... if ya want to sell them. Donating them is good for helping to instill interest in kids when they can actually see some cool things in history class, science class... what have you.
A T-Net museum... awsome idea!!! LOL And, like what limitool says...
If you dont already have a piece of paper with "IDEAS" on it... get one started!
Good luck!

OP
OP
Mud Hut

Mud Hut

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been metal detecting since the early 1960's, and have amassed quite a collection of all sorts of things imaginable from Colonial times, through more modern times. I have never had any place to display what I have, so it sits in boxes in the attic. I have 3 children, and none of them are interested in any of it. Now, realizing my own mortality, what should I do with all the stuff? The thought of going through 50 years of "stuff" is daunting, and quite frankly, I'm not sure I could do it.

I was able to locate a buyer who bought everything. Probably didn't get top price, but at least it's one less thing to deal with. :sadsmiley:

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
one less thing

Slingshot

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2004
Southern Appalachia
Detector(s) used
Whites CM2 BFO, Harbor Freight 9 function, BH Pioneer 202, Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sold out several years ago, no more collecting for me. Stuff owns us, we don't own it. Freedom & Cheers!!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Molewacker

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2015
Yacolt WA
Detector(s) used
EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would contact local teachers to see if they wanted relative items for history classes - more stimulating than just book reading. If you have any photos of the dig, or historic photos of the activity (CW Camp, Sawmill, etc) I would send that along also.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread