Gingsang

WV Hillbilly

Dec 8, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
TIME RANGER CZ3D ACE 250
I know where there is some plants that in the fall have a pyramid shaped cluster of red berries on top of a fairly tall stalk . Maybe 14 to 20 inches tall . Just guessing I'd say maybe 20 to 30 berries . Does this sound like ginseng to you ? Also I once heard that a certain log moss sold for pretty good money . Does anyone know about this ? I also know where there are lots of purple colored ladyslipper . I transplanted some of them .

WV Hillbilly

Dec 8, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
TIME RANGER CZ3D ACE 250
I know what indian turnip or jack in the pulpit is although I didn't know that it has clusters of red berries on it in the fall . If I remember correctly the plants I was referring to was on a single stalk . By the way have you ever tasted indian turnip ? I used to sneak some to friends once in a while . One night a buddy & I double dated & took a couple girls to the drive-in theater . I went to the concession stand & bought burgers & fries . On the way back to the car I slipped an indian turnip in my buddys hamburger . When he got the bite that had the turnip in it he chewed for a little bit , threw the car door open , spit & slobbered all over the place & cussed like a sailor , chugged 2 or 3 beers & swore up & down that he was going to sue the theater for putting something like that in his hamburger . I couldn't contain myself any longer & about died laughing . He finlly realized I was to blame . Wouldn't speak to me for a month .

larrybass

Jan 12, 2006
Ottawa, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro-Amigo
Excuse me for being so clueless about 'sang prices, but where would I go to check out the price of this and other wildplants??? :-[ I think I spotted a number of Ginseng plants last fall, with a cluster of red berries on them and they weren't Jack in the pulpit.

Oh man, Beale, your story about the monster Sang killed me. ;D You found the great, great granddad of all American Ginseng! Awesome! 8)
So kool to hear that sang payed for your education back then too.

Thanks Tenbears for starting this discussion!

Larry

roswellborn

Jan 9, 2006
Washington state
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Great discussion! It kinda reminds me of the old Foxfire books.

How do you know where to sell the stuff once you find (and dig) it? Is there a special trick to drying it?

Gee, the TNet members know the coolest stuff!

HH
Nan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread