Any reccomendations

funkman

Bronze Member
Apr 19, 2006
Middletown, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro & Ace 250
what about the Ace 205...Lots of people on here use them and they are great beginner machine. Just throwing another option out there.

HH

Funkman

Stacylee926

Dec 29, 2006
Portsmouth, VA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Discovery 1100
When I was looking to upgrade my MD, I looked at a Whites (not sure which model) and compared it to the ACE250. The price was similar, but the Whites did not have as many features - no pinpointer and something else. I ended up with the ACE250 and my clad count has tripled compared to my BH. You really cannot go wrong with the ACE.

TonyinCT

Mar 14, 2006
Granby, CT
It depends on what you want to spend but if you want the best starter unit for the money then the Ace250 is the way to go. Let me know if you need any more help with your decision.

beavis

Mar 11, 2007
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
I'm waiting for my ace 250 to arrive. So many folks on this site recommend them as you can see.

Kilika

Apr 6, 2007
NW Washington (State)
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, GMT
I recently got an Ace 250 because of so many comments that it has the most features for the money. I've read in other posts that it's about on par with other brands that cost 400+ for models with the same features. I'm very happy with my Ace, and use the pinpoint mode alot. Glad I got the 250 and not the 150 that doesn't have pinpoint.

RICKbh

May 20, 2007
NE TEXAS
Detector(s) used
BOUNTY HUNTER 202
Im not familiar with the ace 250 or many others for that matter. Im quite a novice, but the bh 202 I purchased last week has impressed me greatly. Il admit targeting can be difficult ,but the depth and response makes me proud of the machine. Its the best 198
bucks Ive spent in Quite a while. On the flipside I will say this was an upgrade from a FAMOUS TRAILS 3006 LOL. Good luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions