Is there a Forum for finding money above the ground?

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a sickness,:laughing7:I can't seem to walk across a parking lot or on the street without looking and finding coins.My eyes are always looking for any object that is round or shinny.The guys I work with
always laugh at me for bending down to pick up a penny(i found 188 penny's) last year.
Just wondering if anybody else has this problem???. I also want to know how far up someones driveway you would go to pick up a coin?,mine is about 10-12 feet from the street.
I also have been cleaning up on the Coinstar reject slot lately.
Thanks DK,aka-Produce guy:icon_thumright:

bowser

Feb 27, 2007
SOUTH WEYMOUTH MA.
Detector(s) used
PRISM11 MXT IDX PRO TESORO COMPARDRE T2 se
Primary Interest:
Other
i have seen eyes on potatoes, sometimes a penny or 2 will turnup, sometimes its a lime or a dime, keep you're eyes on the ground,you might see an english pound.HHjim

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I suspect a lot of us do that, I do. About 10-12 feet is probably how far I would go also, it depends on what that next coin was! Lol!
I have hopped out of the truck in a parking lot to scoop up 99 pennies, hubby wasn't pleased, lol!

I have also pried up 20 of them from the frozen slush in another parking lot, there was more under the adjacent vehicle but it was running, so I'll have to look for those in the plowed snow piles.

I'm always looking down for anything round or shinny or glittery or paper money. Must be TH'ing fever! Lol!

clv

Dec 23, 2012
santee, ca
Detector(s) used
Current Detectors; Minelab Safari, Equinox 600
TRX Pin Pointer, Fisher 1235x
Have owned; Minelab Eureka gold,
Tesoro Compadre, White's MX5, GMT, MXT Pro,
fisher cz7a pro, go fine 20, Garret Ma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya, I find a lot of coins just lying on the ground, but one time found $875.00 rolled up with a rubber band, another time I found $970.00 laying in a parking lot. While looking to buy a new car last year I was looking at a truck, when off in the distance I see a green crumble ball being blown by the wind, as it came right to my feet I picked it up. A $20 bill.
This just seems to happen a lot to me.:hello2:

justbeachy

Tenderfoot
Jan 8, 2015
Florida
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I'm the same way! I work outside and pretty much every day I pick something up. Yesterday was five pennies, the day before was two pennies and a dollar bill. Today is slow, only one penny so far. I feel something is missing if I don't find at least one coin.

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
when I am out and walking my eye is to the ground. I have found all types of coins and jewelry. I don't seem to have must luck at the coin star. So keep those eyes to the ground..

Slingshot

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2004
Southern Appalachia
Detector(s) used
Whites CM2 BFO, Harbor Freight 9 function, BH Pioneer 202, Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's the treasure hunters state of mind we have, being aware of what's laying around that everybody else misses because they are not tuned to our frequency.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I have found many items just laying there,coins,rings,necklaces,sunglasses,baseballs,tennis balls,lacrosse balls,golf balls and,pens pens pens pens,lord the pens I find at the High School.

Around here right now all I find is SNOW!

GOD Bless

Chris

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Too small a topic for it's own forum..

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go to " Everything Else", and you'll find the sub-forum named I can't believe my eyes. Posted there before and think it's what your looking for.....Gary

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I used to own a truck to sweep parking lots at night. Used to empty it during day. Once I found about $30 in the back and there was also a bra.
Connected?

Sluice Willis

Feb 6, 2015
In my house
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to own a truck to sweep parking lots at night. Used to empty it during day. Once I found about $30 in the back and there was also a bra.
Connected?

If it was "connected" the owner would still be wearing it! :laughing7: :icon_scratch: I think you found it because it had become disconnected somewhere along the way. :laughing7:

Last edited:

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My biggest find 7 100 dollar bills blowing in the wind :notworthy: My most recent 86.00 Wet and Folded Any time you Find Money is a Great time Weather A Penney, nickel, Dime or anything Bigger It always a Great Find

uglymailman

Bronze Member
Feb 3, 2010
As a walkin mailman I find coins all the time. Also hand tools and pocket knives. I can't believe people go up other peoples driveways to pick up a coin. What are you thinking? The only difference in that and taking their car or stereo is the price. My rule is "from the sidewalk to the street is open territory". If I find it on a customers property I stick it in the mailbox. One customer asked why I'd put a 5 dollar bill in his mailbox. Told him I'd found it in his yard. He said it wasn't his but he'd buy lotto ticket and we'd split if he hit. That 5 bucks lasted 3 drawings. Good luck.

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
i had a ten day the last small thaw we had, dr. office pklot 10$ worth of green leaf
at least what use to be 10$ 20-30 yr ago, 10$ bill at drug store pklot, another 10$
bill at the super car wash, love those $$ days

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread