New Detector

dhearn

Jan 3, 2012
Sallisbury MD
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well since my CTX 3030 got stolen from storage. Im looking to get a new detector. I cant afford another 3030 right now. I was looking at getting the Fisher F75. I had one before and liked it. I know that they have an updated model now. What do you guy think of these updated ones. Are they better that the original LTD.

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry bout the 3030. Bummer
Post on the Fisher forum for detailed responses.
GL
Peace ✌

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have had a F-75se as my primary since 2007. Sent it in to the upgrade last month. If this damn snow and sub zero temperatures eventually ends I will know better - but early evidence is a great detector became an extremely great detector. All the jitters are gone and air tests (which I equate to kissing without physical contact) show it's a tiger. My early version didn't have the boost, cache or fast modes. They also added three tone options.

Don't know the CTX3030 but I'd be surprised if another $1,200 gets you that much farther into success vs. a F-75LTD2. I'm sure it is better at some things, but I'm a coin shooter and the latest F-75 is ideal for my needs.

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check the charter forum, I saw someone had one for sale along with many other detectors..think the name was fort Bedford

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a new F75SE and I love it.... super deep and quite.... Bart has the best price... :)

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
The T2-SE is a nice detector too. Very good finding deep relics and coins at iron infested colonial sites.

Coinman123,

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
why not you search on ebay or amazon hope you get a good one in cheap rate there.

Definitely check Amazon.com for price when buying a new detector!
I just saved $600. off the going price of 1499. and got a new Excalibur for $865.
on a one day sale!

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Well since my CTX 3030 got stolen from storage. Im looking to get a new detector. I cant afford another 3030 right now. I was looking at getting the Fisher F75. I had one before and liked it. I know that they have an updated model now. What do you guy think of these updated ones. Are they better that the original LTD.

Did you report the theft to the Police and do you have the Serial Number of the unit? If you don't have the Serial Number but purchased it from a Dealer, then they should have a record of the sale and the Serial Number. Also, if you connected the unit to the Internet and logged onto Minelab's Website to Register it and get updates for the unit, then you and the unit are in their' system. If whoever stole it or eventually bought or buys the unit and if they connect it to the Internet and log onto Minelab's Website for an upgrade, it is going to be logged into their' system and can be tracked down. It is my hopes that you can get the metal detector back by the information provided!

Good luck!

Frank

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions