OP
OP
bzbadger

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We cold call all the time and when you are going around rural areas its best to have a buddy to back you up in case you run across a nut job. Never have had a poor reaction from two ppl being there. Have run across my fair share of weirdos like this woman who expected us to use our Jedi powers to recover the items

jmaryt

Feb 6, 2007
Hey, I resemble that remark. O, I'm sorry you said mental illness..........

we are all "special" in god's eyes that's why he made us all different!
who knows?..maybe she thinks "you" are mentally ill because you
want to dig in "smelly" ground! worth a thought,or two!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Last edited by a moderator:

jmaryt

Feb 6, 2007
We cold call all the time and when you are going around rural areas its best to have a buddy to back you up in case you run across a nut job. Never have had a poor reaction from two ppl being there. Have run across my fair share of weirdos like this woman who expected us to use our Jedi powers to recover the items

perhaps,but "smart money" says he stays in the car and you knock on the door!
and you are saying she's nuts?..as mentioned,one,ya gotta chance,..two? not so much!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Several generations of mandated safety helmets has stopped the natural removal of those that should have been removing themselves. Their numbers are multiplying faster than we can handle.

Florida is helping thin the stupid genes down! Plenty of organ donors riding around without helmets!

jmaryt

Feb 6, 2007
Bet that woman is not really dumb.. she would probably never text while driving..

yeah! she's smart enough not to do that,i'll bet!
seems like the ones with the college degrees
are the perpetrators ...ehe! he! he!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
You actually go knocking on strangers doors with a partner ? That may not of had an effect on this one but I just can't see anyone doing that. I think it would be hard enough for one person to get permission without adding to the chance of getting a no.
You must not be much of a door-knocker. I've pounded on dozens of doors, alone, or with a partner, doesn't have much of anything to do with success. If you are polite and make your speech short, you get a yes 4 out of 5 times.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This woman was obviously from up state from a big city and moved down here for lower cost if living but didn't do all her homework about moving into the country. She said she was mad at the farmer next door, I apparently caught the stupid bug and asked why. Months earlier the farmer plowed the field and in her mind he unleashed the stink monster beneath the surface, she didn't grasp that a lot of our local farmers plant winter crops and use a manure spreader in the process so she got a dose of chicken or hog manure, I can only hope it was hog just for the stink factor. This woman isn't equipped for country life, any woman who cleans her house wearing white work gloves isn't a country girl.

Chances are good she wont be living there very long.

OP
OP
bzbadger

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well when it warms up we plan on hitting her neighbors house across the road so I hope it will spark an interest. We weren't rude to her other than the overly expressed look of confusion on my face and while I was walking away asking "what"..i hope that doesn't stick in her mind. You never know she may see us, remember us and allow us to try. I really want to hit this place because after the old lady passed people thought it had been rented out when actually some out of town drug dealers used the place and were seen digging and doing strange things around the house, eventually they used a bobcat to dig and bury stuff in the back yard which eventually got the attention of law enforcement who found out they weren't renting but dealing. The house is well over 100 years old and there's just too much there and has my curiosity gland working overtime.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Sometimes you just have to because you need a witness to such stupidity!

Frank
Well you do not need to witness stupidity … If you would respect peoples privacy and stay off there propriety …. I have been in this for over 40 years and never asked any one to hunt there yard and have made plenty of great finds with out doing such a thing…………. Over the years i have had some ask to hunt my place and of course i said ..NO you can not do it.. I do not want strangers looking around my place ………..

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
So if a person tells you no and gives you a strange answer why you can not hunt there land …. They are a nut job or weirdos ? …….. You know if i had more than a few to want to hunt my land and kept knocking on my door …….. I would more than likely act like a nut and give goofy reasons why you should stay off my place………So then you can tell all your friend's stay away from that place that guy is a nut……..

Last edited:
OP
OP
bzbadger

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keppy did you bother to read this post? The woman thought there was something wrong with the ground because they had opened up her septic tank and it stunk, she'd never apparently dealt with a septic tank before and assumed the ground had stink issues. She thought the same thing because the farmer next to her had caused it to stink because he plowed the land when actually he spread manure so YES I think she's a nut and I have a right to my freaking opinion..you weren't there, I was but here you are giving me grief. It was a funny and odd thing and thought id share but I guess some people have to get their detector stuck up their rear sideways and call someone out over it.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
What i meant was she could be making all those reasons up just so no one would bother her again.. Just giving you my thoughts .. You did not like them … Now i guess i will try to get that detector out of my butt..

Last edited:
OP
OP
bzbadger

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
She actually gave us permission to detect, said the word yes but then said we just couldn't dig because of what she thought was a problem with the ground. Said we could keep whatever we find on top of the ground. This woman was just seriously out of her element and apparently her meds.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like a majority of non-detecting people, she probably had no clue that most fallen items work their way underground, so it probably seemed reasonable to her that you could find stuff without digging. Why she didn't want you to dig is her business, no different in my book than a homeowner who didn't want you digging for fear of ruining their lawn. You don't like her rules, go find some other property.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yep good fertilizer .. How i got rid of what pumped out of the tank years ago .. Would not cost me a cent to get rid of it…Go to a farmers field open up the valve on the back of the tank and drive across there field … The farmers in Central Pa loved the stuff it sure made there crops grow...

Just plain wrong in dumping sludge on fields then growing a crop for consumption, no wonders the gene pool is getting truly screwed up.

For many it doesn't mean a rat's ass to them how food is grown as long as it's cheap and fast. But there is some still out here that do care for the lands and go the extra mile in doing it the right way.

Here's a sludge read for those that don't know and might care. The Real Dirt on Sewage Sludge - Natural Life Magazine

OP
OP
bzbadger

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing how ppl can see the side of an idiot and justify it. I honestly don't know how I can explain this in an easier to understand way than the way I have..let me try this. The woman thought digging made stinky. She said could detect but no dig because make stinky again. Woman seems dumb. Read this slower if needed.

Sluice Willis

Feb 6, 2015
In my house
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Human feces is full of disease, I wouldn't want it spread around or buried close to a water source.

How do people catch hepatitis A? The hepatitis A virus is just one of many disease-causing germs found in human feces. People usually catch hepatitis A by getting the virus in their mouths, often because they eat food or drink water that has been contaminated by human waste. Hepatitis A

What is Aseptic Meningitis? Meningitis is a condition that causes the membranes covering your brain and spinal cord to become inflamed. Sometimes, this inflammation is due to bacterial infection. When bacteria are not causing the inflammation or if the bacterial organism cannot be grown and identified in the laboratory, it is called aseptic meningitis. The majority of the cases of aseptic meningitis are caused by viruses. About half of all aseptic meningitis cases are caused by common seasonal viruses in the late summer and early fall. You can catch these viruses by coming into contact with an infected person’s cough, saliva, or fecal matter. Aseptic Meningitis: Causes, Symptoms & Diagnosis

Enteroviruses, the most common cause of viral meningitis, are very common in the summer and early fall, and many people catch them. Enteroviruses usually are spread through contact with saliva or mucus. This typically happens when people are exposed to the virus on the hands of, or on objects touched by, people with enteroviruses, then rub their own eyes, nose, or mouth. The virus also is found in the stool (bowel movement) of people who are infected with enteroviruses. It is spread this way mainly by young children who are not toilet trained, or by adults who change the diapers of infected babies. Meningitis - catch, body, viral, contagious, causes, What Is Meningitis?

Giardia parasites live in the intestines of people and animals. Before the microscopic parasites are passed in stool, they become encased within hard shells called cysts, which allows them to survive outside the intestines for months. Once inside a host, the cysts dissolve and the parasites are released. Infection occurs when you accidentally ingest the parasites. This can occur by swallowing contaminated water, by eating contaminated food or through person-to-person contact. Giardia infection (giardiasis) Causes - Diseases and Conditions - Mayo Clinic

Enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli, or ETEC, is an important cause of bacterial diarrheal illness. How does someone become infected with ETEC? Infection occurs when a person eats food, or drinks water or ice contaminated with ETEC bacteria. Human or animal wastes (e.g., feces) are the ultimate source of ETEC contamination. Disease Listing, Enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli, Gen | CDC Bacterial, Mycotic Diseases

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Just plain wrong in dumping sludge on fields then growing a crop for consumption, no wonders the gene pool is getting truly screwed up.

For many it doesn't mean a rat's ass to them how food is grown as long as it's cheap and fast. But there is some still out here that do care for the lands and go the extra mile in doing it the right way.

Here's a sludge read for those that don't know and might care. The Real Dirt on Sewage Sludge - Natural Life Magazine
You see back then no one thought much about it now they have some rules for it..And Septic haulers are still allowed to dump in farmers fields under certain rules ……………. But Septic Waste is different than Sewage Sludge …. Now a lot of whole sale nurseries use sewage sludge they get it right from the sewage plants …….. And they all call it … Magic Soil …. And like Kemper said there are farmers that use it also i put it in my gardens …

Last edited:

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
OH yes and also Sewage Sludge now a days is put out in the sun to dry out then it is sterilized… and septic waste does not have the metals and chemical's some Sewage Sludge has …………………………………….WOW this thread went from hunting some on's yard …. To a few different ideas .. But that is how things go some times...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions