Are you serious?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Friend and I are cold calling houses in the area looking for permission to hunt. An old farmhouse was left vacant for years but we noticed some activity and stopped.
Lady, the new owner from out of town, came to the door and we told her we're locals who metal detect and that this house was owned by an older lady who passed before we could ask permission. Lady says to me oh do you metal detect with detectors? ( omg we have a brain surgeon here) yes that's what we do, would you mind if we detected in your yard, we promise to keep the holes small and you wont even notice after we're done. She says you can detect but you can't dig in the ground. (my friend said my face looked like I had just crapped myself) I asked her how she thought we would get the items out if the ground and why is digging an issue? Her reply..getting it out is your problem and if you must know why I don't want you digging its because the people that just came to clean our septic tank said they had to dig and when they did it stunk really bad, something bad is in the ground around here that's why you can't dig. ( I at this point almost laughed in her face) she continued saying anything you find on the ground you can keep. I was dumbfounded and struck with paralysis by this woman's stupidity so much that my friend had to drag me away as I kept shaking my head and saying what?!over and over while my friend apologized

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So look. Go back. Bring her some donuts. Ask again, and say you will not dig. Take your Lesche and use it to "slice" or "plug" the soil. :laughing7: "What? Oh no, Ma'am. We aren't digging. This is what you call plugging. See how easily it goes back into the hole?" Sometimes you got to sell it.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
So look. Go back. Bring her some donuts. Ask again, and say you will not dig. Take your Lesche and use it to "slice" or "plug" the soil. :laughing7: "What? Oh no, Ma'am. We aren't digging. This is what you call plugging. See how easily it goes back into the hole?" Sometimes you got to sell it.

Oh forgot to mention on the last visit, we use this digger to what's called a scratch and sniff detection unit for exposing odours as well, here can we demonstrate it for you free of charge?

TreasurDiggrNY

Dec 11, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Friend and I are cold calling houses in the area looking for permission to hunt. An old farmhouse was left vacant for years but we noticed some activity and stopped.
Lady, the new owner from out of town, came to the door and we told her we're locals who metal detect and that this house was owned by an older lady who passed before we could ask permission. Lady says to me oh do you metal detect with detectors? ( omg we have a brain surgeon here) yes that's what we do, would you mind if we detected in your yard, we promise to keep the holes small and you wont even notice after we're done. She says you can detect but you can't dig in the ground. (my friend said my face looked like I had just crapped myself) I asked her how she thought we would get the items out if the ground and why is digging an issue? Her reply..getting it out is your problem and if you must know why I don't want you digging its because the people that just came to clean our septic tank said they had to dig and when they did it stunk really bad, something bad is in the ground around here that's why you can't dig. ( I at this point almost laughed in her face) she continued saying anything you find on the ground you can keep. I was dumbfounded and struck with paralysis by this woman's stupidity so much that my friend had to drag me away as I kept shaking my head and saying what?!over and over while my friend apologized

Not really fair to call HER stupid, I think she gave a legitimate answer to your query based on what info you disclosed highlighted above in bold ie. "holes" and "digging". I worked for a septic company, many customers refused to pay the little extra for clean back-fill dirt but called for days after because of the smell.

Doug H

May 23, 2014
Cumberland, VA
Detector(s) used
White's coinmaster pro
Garrett at pro
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Other
Not really fair to call HER stupid, I think she gave a legitimate answer to your query based on what info you disclosed highlighted above in bold ie. "holes" and "digging". I worked for a septic company, many customers refused to pay the little extra for clean back-fill dirt but called for days after because of the smell.

working for a septic company?...sounds like a crappy job to me. lol, sorry, I had to

TheSleeper

Nov 25, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE/Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL Badger, geezzz anyone that has even had or been around a septic tank knows, ya open them up they stink, doesn't mean the whole yard will stink if it is dug up though.
Actually as Diggr prob knows its good fertilizer.

The gene pool has drastically shrunk.

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bet that woman is not really dumb.. she would probably never text while driving..

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Several generations of mandated safety helmets has stopped the natural removal of those that should have been removing themselves. Their numbers are multiplying faster than we can handle.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
was her last name kardashian?

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
LOL Badger, geezzz anyone that has even had or been around a septic tank knows, ya open them up they stink, doesn't mean the whole yard will stink if it is dug up though.
Actually as Diggr prob knows its good fertilizer.

Yep good fertilizer .. How i got rid of what pumped out of the tank years ago .. Would not cost me a cent to get rid of it…Go to a farmers field open up the valve on the back of the tank and drive across there field … The farmers in Central Pa loved the stuff it sure made there crops grow...

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They had to dig to get to the septic tank did she not know poop stinks? She says something in the ground is bad, that would be the full stinky septic tank that's just been pumped out.

Did you promise not to dig up the septic tank? Lol!
Maybe you could always levitate the coins out of the ground.

Please tell me she doesn't have kids.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
They had to dig to get to the septic tank did she not know poop stinks? She says something in the ground is bad, that would be the full stinky septic tank that's just been pumped out.

Did you promise not to dig up the septic tank? Lol!
Maybe you could always levitate the coins out of the ground.

Please tell me she doesn't have kids.
Poo-flooded drainfields are nasty when the tank overflows...can cost a small fortune to rebuild but in the meantime poo is suspended way beyond the septic tank just under the ground's surface. I have my tank pumped every three years, last year it was close to $500 (twin tank).

lockster99

Dec 8, 2013
SE Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Garrett
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yeah...the more we accommodate everyone, the more we counter the Darwin thing.

OP
OP
bzbadger

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This woman was obviously from up state from a big city and moved down here for lower cost if living but didn't do all her homework about moving into the country. She said she was mad at the farmer next door, I apparently caught the stupid bug and asked why. Months earlier the farmer plowed the field and in her mind he unleashed the stink monster beneath the surface, she didn't grasp that a lot of our local farmers plant winter crops and use a manure spreader in the process so she got a dose of chicken or hog manure, I can only hope it was hog just for the stink factor. This woman isn't equipped for country life, any woman who cleans her house wearing white work gloves isn't a country girl.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
You actually go knocking on strangers doors with a partner ? That may not of had an effect on this one but I just can't see anyone doing that. I think it would be hard enough for one person to get permission without adding to the chance of getting a no.
Yes more than one person at someone's door is not a good thing ..

Sluice Willis

Feb 6, 2015
In my house
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes more than one person at someone's door is not a good thing ..

No male partners for me, my detector doesn't swing that way! :laughing7: Female partners have their merits even when not detecting, but they seem to get a yes where I would get a no. Please nobody try asking permission to hunt a property in drag, we already have a bad enough image! :laughing7:

Keppy I 'm like you, I hunt alone and it's not that I don't care to share my locations with anybody else. I just can't do the backflips, front tucks and cartwheels that I'm supposed too when I find anything other than a pull tab or rusty nail. :laughing7: I might be able to pull off the full speed run and slide, but probably only once. I guess since I'm outa shape I could just yell BOOM BABY! Hey wanna go tectin? We can split the diesel for the Bobcat! :laughing7:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread