Hi Folks; OT. - BOSTON BURIED !!!

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So far this MONTH Boston has gotten about 8 FEET of snow with more coming Tuesday.!!! :dontknow: This has NEVER happened in the History of Boston EVER. It's CRAZY here Folks. :tongue3: What you are seeing is a World Class City being brought to its knees. There is so much snow that there is literally no place to put it all left. Also the Wind Chills are at -25F below zero.!!!
For the first time in Boston History the Mayor and Governor are going to Order the DIRECT dumping of snow into Boston Harbor unprocessed. The Environmental Impact alone will be felt for DECADES literally. Boston has spent the last 20 years cleaning up the Harbor and the Charles River which were cesspools after 300 years of abuse. These efforts and progress will be completely undone in just 2 months because of all the dirt, oils etc. that are embedded in the snow. That's a Disaster in itself.
The trash for a City of about 3.6 Million people has not been able to be picked up in over 3 WEEKS. We are now at risk of a Pestilance Plague. The rats and stuff are running around like crazy and we are looking at another storm on Tuesday that will bring another 6 - 8" which means that there will be no trash pickup beginning for at least 2 more weeks. The trucks can't get through. People can't even get their trash out to the sidewalks so it could be picked up. Boston is BURIED.!! :help: The trash piles at EVERY house and business is literally stacked up 20 - 30 bags deep not including having every barrel packed.!!! That is only a SMALL portion of what is happening here.
Please pray for Boston and the surrounding areas ok. We NEED them ok.
PEACE:RONB :coffee:

Last edited:

JRedHorse

Feb 1, 2015
from NH relocating to FL summer 2015
Detector(s) used
I have a Teknetics Gamma 6000 Metal Detector but will be upgrading when I hit FL.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I feel your pain Barker, I am in the White Mountains area of NH and this is getting to be just too much on these aging bones, we have been in NH for 20 years and now this Winter has been the straw that broke the camels back for sure, we are putting my house on the market and will be relocating to the Punta Gorda area of South west Florida which will give me 365 days of potential detecting in comparison of maybe 150 days in New England due to weather related obstacles.

Try and stay warm Brother and don't forget that you Folks down there are "Boston Strong"!!!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I can feel your pain, in the southeastern part of MA, we received +/- 18 inches of snow. The snow blower had to work real hard today!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Right there with you Barker! We are in the same zone with you that keeps getting dumped on.
The snow drift is now up to my roof edge, by the next storm It will be up to the snow drift on top and I will not be able to see the back of the house at all!

We are literally being buried alive by snow! I have been in eastern Mass for 40 years I have never seen anything like this! Even the blizzard of 78' wasn't this bad. This is the winter of snow that just won't stop. Every two days we get more snow, and the negative temps and 40 mph winds are unbelievable!

I think I would like to spend a week in the desert just to warm up.
At this point I think there will be a snow pile somewhere till July maybe August.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Barker,

Let's hope you folks get a break....we've only had about 120 centimeters which is about 4 feet which has been manageable.

Regards + HH

Bill

OP
OP
B

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Folks; I'll pray all of you here. This is truly of Biblical Proportions. It's crazy for sure. I can't shovel myself. I have a broken back and neck. I could of made a FORTUNE shoveling in this mess for sure. ALL of the stores have sold out of roof rakes until APRIL.!!! If you don't have one you have to hire a Contractor. Big Money for sure. :treasurechest::treasurechest:
PLUS more snow coming Tuesday and Saturday into Sunday. !!! :BangHead: Anyways, Stay safe and warm ok. Don't fool around with the Wind Chills either ok. Dress for it. PEACE:RONB

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
I call it the Boston Strangler!

Here in Atlantic Canada we get the same weather experienced by you in the NE US, two feet and counting today.....

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I know what you mean we have over 2 ft of snow on the ground here and the temps last night was -14 below and now it is still -3 below i think that in the next 8 days this will be over ..An the snow will start to melt..

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
We did not get our snow all at once we would get a foot then 6 in. then more we have i said 2 ft on the grown but i went out and we have 30 in on the ground…………………. …. But with only that much the roads got cleared fast and i snow blowed my drive…... .. But living up here i do not have to worry about all the bugs they do down south …. And when we get weather like this i get to work in the house on minor repairs and get the painting done that needs done … So it works out for me...

kayakpat

Mar 31, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
all kinds of extreme weather predicted for the future, we haven't been hit too hard other than extreme cold temperatures

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I call it the Boston Strangler!

Here in Atlantic Canada we get the same weather experienced by you in the NE US, two feet and counting today.....

Front yard, car with the wipers up.

Attachments

• snow.jpg
    snow.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 78

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that is just crazyness all the snow you guys are getting up there.I would probably turn like Jack Nickleson did in The shining!We are starting to get a little taste of it down here now.God I hate this stuff.I don't think I could take it living up there.Hang in there guys,be safe and keep warm.joe

Last edited:

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Damn!
As long as it clears by next weekend

The way it's going you'd have to think it will be a close call on one end, either before going, or coming back.... which is funny to say because it's not even half a day! At least we have one storm day we could deal with.

Doubter in MD

Bronze Member
Jan 18, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So far this MONTH Boston has gotten about 8 FEET of snow with more coming Tuesday.!!! :dontknow: This has NEVER happened in the History of Boston EVER. It's CRAZY here Folks. :tongue3: What you are seeing is a World Class City being brought to its knees. There is so much snow that there is literally no place to put it all left. Also the Wind Chills are at -25F below zero.!!!
For the first time in Boston History the Mayor and Governor are going to Order the DIRECT dumping of snow into Boston Harbor unprocessed. The Environmental Impact alone will be felt for DECADES literally. Boston has spent the last 20 years cleaning up the Harbor and the Charles River which were cesspools after 300 years of abuse. These efforts and progress will be completely undone in just 2 months because of all the dirt, oils etc. that are embedded in the snow. That's a Disaster in itself.
The trash for a City of about 3.6 Million people has not been able to be picked up in over 3 WEEKS. We are now at risk of a Pestilance Plague. The rats and stuff are running around like crazy and we are looking at another storm on Tuesday that will bring another 6 - 8" which means that there will be no trash pickup beginning for at least 2 more weeks. The trucks can't get through. People can't even get their trash out to the sidewalks so it could be picked up. Boston is BURIED.!! :help: The trash piles at EVERY house and business is literally stacked up 20 - 30 bags deep not including having every barrel packed.!!! That is only a SMALL portion of what is happening here.
Please pray for Boston and the surrounding areas ok. We NEED them ok.
PEACE:RONB :coffee:
You do realize it's going to wind up in the Harbor when it melts in the Spring, right? Storm drain water is untreated.

piegrande

Bronze Member
May 16, 2010
I, too, feel your pain.

No wait a minute. No, I don't. It got up to almost 80 today here in the mountains of Mexico. Lovely day. I still have late sunflowers in bloom by the house. And the avocado trees are in heavy bloom.

To not feel your pain is exactly why I moved here. I do remember snow but I am trying to forget.

Don't misunderstand me. I do not urge people to move here. It is not worth it, not for the cheaper living, and not for the good weather. Most people find it hard to adapt to a totally different culture, any where, any time. And, if you cannot do so, you will be miserable.

Those who do best are mature, well behaved, decent men who take up with younger women. There is no demand here for another drunken wife beater, trust me on this.

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
I have 7ft Snow drifts in some areas, this is a photo of the ride-on mover in my yard from a couple days ago

Ride-On Mower in Summer
IMG_20140826_165558.jpg
Ride-On Mower a couple days ago
IMG_20150215_095807.jpg

I hate New Hampshire Winters!

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
I just looked outside and noticed that the snow was covered in parts of tree branches.

I had no clue why until it occurred to me, it must be so cold that the water inside is expanding and making the branches so brittle that when that windy storm came the branches easily broke.

Anyone in Florida want to trade with me??

Coinman123,

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions