Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've got an F75 LTD and a T2 SE. Here's my thoughts. I am in a very old area and I hunt a lot of spots that had settlement as far back as the early to mid 1600s. The finds can be extremely deep and I've got a hell of a lot of area to cover. I also hunt a lot of areas that aren't too trashy. So these machines are both deep and they can both be swung fast. So I cover a lot of ground and I get down deep enough to get the old stuff. These machines are great for me. The CTX is a little too slow for the sites that I hunt. So it's really quite dependent on the types of sites that you normally hunt

OP
OP
D

dhearn

Jan 3, 2012
Sallisbury MD
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I normally hunt wide open areas also. I think Im going to go with the F75, i do love the speed. Its has the fastest recovery speed of any machine I have ever used.

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have the new F75SE and its deep, fast & quiet... :)

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I bought the F-75 when it first came out and have found it to be a great coin shooter. In January I weighed the options and sent mine back to Fisher for the upgrade to the F75LTD2 software.

#1 it's a heck of a nice option that a manufacturer would offer to bring a 2007 model up to latest technology.

#2 Wow! I liked it before (well enough to put $309 into the upgrade) - I like it better now! Three new processes and three new tone options. The DST makes it much less twitchy but, from what I can tell, I still have the depth and it is THE machine for old nickels and small silver (as it was before).

I'm sure the CTX3030 is a great machine - but how much will smaller or lager coils cost and can you get a Sunray Probe to fit it? Is it a 10% or 15% better machine for 127% more cost?

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread