pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
this is why i said me and my whole metal detecting club have done ground tests over and over if you dont believe me do it yourself and you will see if the iron is above the coin the ctx will simple not see the target and thats the honest truth .you can deny and not want to admit that id be peed off to if i had a ctx and spent that kinda money which i did at one stage but i woke up and realised that the ctx is not as good as its hyped up to be and to not even be able to see a coin in irono is rediculas and the fact that a air test is not very differant to a ground test in the first place .alot of people just critisize air tests because they dont want to admit thier detector has a problem .as a matter of fact a air test is actually easier for the machine to pick the target up because there is no ground and minerals and metal to distract the machine .so if the machine has problems in the air imagine the problems its gonna have in the ground .get what im saying when you add ground to the picture now the machine has to work harder and if its already struggling in air god help you in ground .at the end of the day you can think what you want but ive been a electronic engineer for way to long and worked with some of the most sophisticated robotics the world has ever seen so i know my stuff but at the end of the day you will believe what you wanna believe and your entitled to that .happy hunting .

I guess it comes down to a bunch of sheep lining up watching the Ram demonstrate how bad the Minelab does in the air, they hate air, simple as that. But for a two second lag time that's simple BS as deep as it comes, and the only way I can agree if your running a program to null out the iron. Run the machine wide open or with just a couple of bars blanked out on the bottom and I can hear target after target until the brain is saying slow down. Sure there is false high tones from iron with holes in the centre, bent square nails.

But hold on maybe we are in to different camps here, you love the urban parks, and I'm in the fields and cellar holes.

It seems that you very highly educated when it comes to the tech. side of the machines and can see through the machines capabilities and if it has a flaw it's just crap. I know I'm totally inept when it comes to the inner workings of the machine, but I know I've dug hundreds of coins mixed with iron from parks and a good mitt full in the homestead settings and a few oldies that would never be found on this side of the pond, one being in iron infested ground and it was the best keeper yet.

The best thing is to own both machines and to keep an open mind.

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
so who made up that fact about minelab not performing well in disturbed dirt because if that is what minelab engineers are telling you they are having you on unfortunatly lol .fbs is multi frequency tech meaning it sends out at least 100 frequencys in actual fact fbs works better in disturbed dirt and air test because its not a single vlf freq so i dont know who is telling you this stuff but i think they having you on ?.

i know this because i deal with freqs everyday its apart of my job.
Really? Above does not show a response from an experienced Minelab user. Total rubbish. I'm sorry. We will have to agree to disagree.

Last edited:

Trooper733

Apr 3, 2013
Eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites DFX, Whites TRX, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
I am not a minelab guy OR an XP guy, If I could justify the expense I would go with the CTX3030 because Ive seen the posts of great finds in iron infested area, most recently Jason in Enid, and his ghost town hunt on farm land that was disturbed ground! I can not believe that there is not a recovery speed setting on this advanced of a detector just as there is on the Whites V3i, to adjust this very setting!!! I can't hardly think it would be such a popular brand and detector if it had those limitations and poor performance.

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got dizzy trying to scroll from side to side so I am not I agree or disagree with what you had to say.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Watch the language and insults. I want always edit, most times I delete post when it violates our rules .....

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Be civil or do not post and quit hijacking other people threads. It stops or you will not be posting anything. See Thunters warning above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread