Sharing my grief this past evening. Stuck on ridge and then....

Metal Illness

Jul 1, 2011
Englewood, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Brad, as a Father myself that has lost a Daughter, when I say I know your pain, I do. There are no words to ease your pain. Just cherish the memories of your Daughter and Grandson. I pray that God wraps you and your family in his arm at this heartbreaking time and helps you through. I will be praying my friend. My Daughter Sarah was 21 years old when she died in an auto accident 4/18/2002. The pain never goes away although eventually the days get better.

So sorry for your loss, sending prayers my friend.

Sod Buster

Jun 14, 2014
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, White's Bullseye TRX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How terrible, you have my deepest sympathy. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sitting here in shock Brad,I can't imagine what you're going through now and you and your family have my deepest sympathy and will be in my prayers.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
MAY YOUR PAIN BE EASED BY THE KNOWLEDGE THEIR WITH GOD NOW .. WHAT A SAD AND TRAGIC LOSS FOR YOU .. MY HEARTFELT PRAYERS GO OUT TO YOU .

Eleanor

Feb 12, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am so sorry for your loss and praying for the peace of God that passes all understanding. Please be safe. I know you have phoned for help and I pray they will come fast. May this day bring to you a joy knowing your loved ones are in the hands of our almighty savior. Healing takes time and I will continue to pray that your heart heals quickly without scars but with love for your precious daughter and grandson and for God.

OP
OP
Limitool

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you everyone for your kind words, prayers and thoughts. I shouldn't even be on a computer but I have nothing else to do.

Those of you who have called your loved ones after my posting thank you. That's what this posting was all about. A reminder that we all take things to much for granted and they can be gone in an instant. I loved my daughter and grandson very much but I truly wish I had told them this weekend.

I'm starting to get angry that I'm stuck on this ridge. Worse ice storm in 21 years of living here. What if she needed me at the hospital...? But this is not the case. I'm still mad at being trapped here.

THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!! AND I MEAN THIS FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART FOLKS... Brad

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My heart aches Brad, I am so sorry to hear of this.. We are praying for you and your family.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brad so sorry to hear, there are no words to say to make it better, just know we are here for you...

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Brad, I can't say anything more than what everybody else has said. My heart goes out to you and yours. You and your family will be in my prayers for the coming days. I lost a daughter to cancer in 1997 and my wife of 43 years, in 2006. I know how hard it must be for you. You never get over it. The pain lessens, but is always there. Just knowing that they are in a better place is the only thing that brings some comfort. If there is anything that's within my power to do, all you have to do is ask.
As for my other children, I live with my son and daughter, her husband, and my grandson.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I cannot say anything better than the others have already, I'm thinking of you

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Condolences, Brad, to you and the rest of the family. Thoughts and prayers are with you.

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I feel your loss, I also have lost a daughter, and even though it was almost 30 years ago, your loss has hit me emotionally, and my tears join yours. I'm so sorry for you, hopefully you can find peace in Christ, and my prayers go out for you and your family. I will go visit my son today.

Pinball

Dec 18, 2014
Ashland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am so sorry for your loss. I just got done letting my kids know I loved them with a quick text. My Prayers are with you.

OP
OP
Limitool

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Brad, My thoughts are with you and your family. I cannot imagine losing a child and grandchild in the same instant. They lost their lives helping others. Helping someone else in need is not always an automatic reaction but one that has been taught to them. Please take some solace in knowing that you taught her well and she in turn taught her son the same values. Do not grieve for what you did not do, instead hold your head high for those things that you did do.
Within the hour all my children will hear that I love them.

How true... I just found out that Kristi and my grandson Carter did make it out of their car to the SUV that had flipped multiple times in front of them. They got the folks out with 2 in critical condition. Then the semi lost control, jack knifed and toppled over them both killing Carter instantly. Kristi was taken to Vanderbilt but pronounced dead at arrival. So they did help those people!!! My daughter and her son were so tight and did everything together. Right up to death.

Call your loved ones.... and say so.

CapeTownBeachBum

Sep 21, 2014
Cape Town
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2 Teknetics G2 Fisher CZ 21
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Condolences brother ... shouldering some of that grief for you ....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread