JUST BECAUSE WE ARE ICED OR SNOWED IN DOESNT MEAN WE CANT EAT GOOD!

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
JUST BECAUSE WE ARE ICED OR SNOWED IN DOESN'T MEAN WE CAN'T EAT GOOD!

Well, we have power so the crock pot had the beans with smoked ham and onions cooking. To go with this comfort food, I have cheesy mexican cornbread, homemade garlic mashed potatoes and extra thick pork chops with brown sugar pineapple glaze (mine has jalapeno slices on it for the zing). because the oven was hot, homemade apple pie was made for dessert. This is just one of my favorite comfort foods for winter (or anytime for that matter), what is yours?

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have lots of comfort foods I like for winter. Chili, hamburgers with fries and white gravy, pot roast with carrots and potatoes, fresh baked yeast bread, pot of homemade soup with lots of veggies and chunks of good lean meat. Is that enough? lol To drink with these, even though it's cold, I love my iced tea.
Hope all of you in the east get some relief! You've had enough for this winter! We kinda got left out here in the northwest. Had a bit of snow, but not much. It's gonna make things bad come summer! Probably water rationing!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Delicious!!!! Ok guys I'll be right over! :hello2:

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We have a batch of beef stew being braised in the oven for tonight.....and the slow cooker has some pulled pork simmering which we'll have for dinner tomorrow night.

Regards + HH

Bill

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Msbeepbeep, you would be more than welcome but I figure it would pretty hard for you to get out with all of that snow. it always amazes me on how the smell of good food cooking can change people's attitudes, they seem to get happier! I would take my smoker to work and smoke plain ole wieners for lunch, usually a hundred or so and of course the buns and condiments would magically appear. The owner would open the coke machine as he joined us, everyone would be laughing and happy as they ate. made for a great tension breaker at work.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread