Would you have done the same thing??s

Sluice Willis

Feb 6, 2015
In my house
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How ironic would it be if she was in a bad mood because she lost her keys? Maybe she was looking for them and kept getting interrupted by people knocking on the door. I would have held them at as soon as she said she wasn't buying anything, and asked if they belonged to her. Or maybe she ate same bad chili or old chinese food and well, nature was calling, for the third time in twenty minutes! :laughing7: Even that crazy cat lady down the street was an innocent little girl at one time. A little kindness goes a long way with anybody, even if we don't get a response. Random acts of kindness make a difference, anybody who has been on the receiving end remembers it for a long time. There was a time when doing the right thing was the norm, and people were not questioned for having morals. Nowadays it seems being a wisecracker, a smart aleck and self serving is the norm.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How ironic would it be if she was in a bad mood because she lost her keys? Maybe she was looking for them and kept getting interrupted by people knocking on the door. I would have held them at as soon as she said she wasn't buying anything, and asked if they belonged to her. Or maybe she ate same bad chili or old chinese food and well, nature was calling, for the third time in twenty minutes! :laughing7: Even that crazy cat lady down the street was an innocent little girl at one time. A little kindness goes a long way with anybody, even if we don't get a response. Random acts of kindness make a difference, anybody who has been on the receiving end remembers it for a long time. There was a time when doing the right thing was the norm, and people were not questioned for having morals. Nowadays it seems being a wisecracker, a smart aleck and self serving is the norm.
There have always been rude, grouchy people...they don't change, that's how they are...I don't shower them with kindness, I stay away from them.

bowser

Feb 27, 2007
SOUTH WEYMOUTH MA.
Detector(s) used
PRISM11 MXT IDX PRO TESORO COMPARDRE T2 se
Primary Interest:
Other
that's usin your squash, i woulda done the same thing------ show no mercy

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brad is a very caring person who is grieving lets leave him out of this.
I mean no insults to anyone. His plate is full right now.

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While I may have done something along those lines.....the last thing I would have done is brag about it on a public forum,it only draws attention to, and shines a light on you.....I'm sure there are other better ways to draw positive attention to yourself.

Shunkaha

Apr 2, 2013
Helena, Montana
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705 Gold Pack, Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm kinda shocked by some of the replies on here. I would have just knocked on the door again and explained that I had found some keys and asked if they belonged to her.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While I may have done something along those lines.....the last thing I would have done is brag about it on a public forum,it only draws attention to, and shines a light on you.....I'm sure there are other better ways to draw positive attention to yourself.
He got positive attention from half the people that replied...I would think he is pretty happy with that.

Sluice Willis

Feb 6, 2015
In my house
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There have always been rude, grouchy people...they don't change, that's how they are...I don't shower them with kindness, I stay away from them.

You don't strike me as the type to answer the door with the charm of an English butler. :laughing7: I would bet you are more of the "Who the hell are you and what the hell do ya want?" type. :laughing7: Especially if you had some bad chili. :laughing7: I actually pull the reverse Jehovah witness when I answer the door, start handing out copies of the Watchtower and people don't stick around long. :laughing7:

Watchtower-Study2008th.jpeg

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would have left them on the ground at the front door.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You don't strike me as the type to answer the door with the charm of an English butler. :laughing7: I would bet you are more of the "Who the hell are you and what the hell do ya want?" type. :laughing7: Especially if you had some bad chili. :laughing7: I actually pull the reverse Jehovah witness when I answer the door, start handing out copies of the Watchtower and people don't stick around long. :laughing7:

View attachment 1121613
Im nice and respectful to everyone I encounter...from the bag boy at the supermarket, fast food worker, etc...I don't expect people to act the way I do but I have nothing for rude people with attitudes...I cant stand them and I think it has something to do with the way I treat people that makes me get so mad at rude folks...unless I had some bad chili, then I might join the rude side. :laughing7:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Depending on how my day was going, you maybe a better person than I. Been walked on too many times when trying to do the right thing. Also we weren't there to read the facial expressions. I'm surprised when my door bell rings because friends usually call first. I try to give people the benefit of the doubt but step on me too many times and I bite!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol! Aren't we all in a way!
OP is asking for our opinions.

mirage83

Dec 20, 2009
NW Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, XLT
Something along those lines, yep I would. Try to do the right thing and get barked at and the door slammed in my face for my trouble? She'd get the keys back, but only when I got good and bored setting off the alarms.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why does it always end up with name calling?...even on a thread about rude people. :laughing7:...ironic.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who called you names!!?? Point 'em out! :laughing7:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why does it always end up with name calling?...even on a thread about rude people. :laughing7:...ironic.

because most of us wish we would have thought of doing that :laughing7:

I also agree on given the Right day, it may have been my keys being used against me :tongue3:
I've gone off on Jehovah's & it is never Pretty unless they are.
& even then I've had my days they could have been gorgeous
& begging for well, You Know ... and I may have torn into them
for knocking on my door.

I prefer walk-ins as your knocking & talking only
so I don't need to get up from what I'm doing unless I want to.

Last edited:

Shunkaha

Apr 2, 2013
Helena, Montana
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705 Gold Pack, Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
He's probably too busy doing drive by's and setting off the ladies alarms. Or maybe he's cooking up something even more nefarious.

kayakpat

Mar 31, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bad behavior all around,

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread