Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I walk my dog everyday in my neighborhood and the other day these girl scouts were out selling cookies while I walking.they stopped in front of a house and had rang the doorbell several times and know one came to the door.I also noticed that in front of the house out in the street was a key chain with several car keys on it.So after the girls didn't get a response ,I went up to the door and knocked.This crazy ass lady came out and said
"I don't want any god damn cookies".I looked at her and said that I'm not selling anything,and when I was about to ask if they were hers,but she slammed the door in my face.So as I was walking down the driveway and out into the street I pushed all the "Panic" buttons on the key chain and walked on down the street.She comes running out of the house and can't get the alarms to stop,she can't find her keys:icon_scratch:.
SO last week while I went to work,I drive past her house( at 3:45 am) I punched all
of the "Panic" buttons and drove off.I did this for 1 week,every morning.
I have noticed that the cars all have not moved all week,so I sent her 1 key and mailed it to her,and told her I wanted her to be nicer and maybe I'll send the others back to her.:hello2:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
well, I doubt I would take it as far as you have, but I would have helped her understand that rude is bad

Sluice Willis

Feb 6, 2015
In my house
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everybody is entitled to a bad day. How do you know what she was going through prior to answering the door. Maybe her life is falling apart, maybe she is going through a bad divorce, maybe she lost a loved one, we never know what tragedy somebody else is going through in life. Maybe she is just some rude idiot, sometimes it's not always easy to tell why people act the way they do. How would you feel if you found out she was struggling through a family tragedy? I'm not defending her, just saying sometimes we have to think about what other people may be going through in life.

Localmandwayne

Tenderfoot
Feb 6, 2015
Stonewall Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280-X Aquanaut
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
(Yes) It seems we are on the same page as I can't honestly say she would ever get a complete set till she purchased and
Was nice the the children like they say it takes a village to raise children.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would I ever repeatedly harass someone who was rude to me? Not a chance. I might suggest some anger management classes for you.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No. I'd have tossed them on her porch if the alarms went off the first time.

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
all people like that do is make you even worse,should of just dropped them at her door.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What if someone was doing it to you?

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it's funny she mistook you for a girl scout. Not worth worryin about whether she had a bad day. Toss her keys back, forget about the old heifer, and go buy the cookies from the Girl Scouts yourself. A whole bunch. If you get extra, I really like those Thin Mint ones.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sometimes you have to be the bigger man even when it's a "crazy . . . lady".

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Having dealt with the public for years one just doesn't know what has happened in somebodies life in the previous moments before they have a bad hair day in front of you. Number of things could be just plain wrong but two wrongs don't make a right. A friend said one time to me "Just kill them with kindness" take the higher road show kindness to them and walk away at that.

Apr 17, 2014
Tartarus Dorsa mountains
Primary Interest:
Other
Everybody is entitled to a bad day. How do you know what she was going through prior to answering the door. Maybe her life is falling apart, maybe she is going through a bad divorce, maybe she lost a loved one, we never know what tragedy somebody else is going through in life. Maybe she is just some rude idiot, sometimes it's not always easy to tell why people act the way they do. How would you feel if you found out she was struggling through a family tragedy? I'm not defending her, just saying sometimes we have to think about what other people may be going through in life.

Maybe she hasn't been able to find her keys since last week already - coincidentally when that first girls scout troop came around to sell cookies ....

Maybe she tried to pay the last order with a $10 bill when the invoice was for $10.01?

Would have been neat to set off the alarms and then say to the lady 'those scouts found this and asked me to see if it was yours'

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
I walk my dog everyday in my neighborhood and the other day these girl scouts were out selling cookies while I walking.they stopped in front of a house and had rang the doorbell several times and know one came to the door.I also noticed that in front of the house out in the street was a key chain with several car keys on it.So after the girls didn't get a response ,I went up to the door and knocked.This crazy ass lady came out and said
"I don't want any god damn cookies".I looked at her and said that I'm not selling anything,and when I was about to ask if they were hers,but she slammed the door in my face.So as I was walking down the driveway and out into the street I pushed all the "Panic" buttons on the key chain and walked on down the street.She comes running out of the house and can't get the alarms to stop,she can't find her keys:icon_scratch:.
SO last week while I went to work,I drive past her house( at 3:45 am) I punched all
of the "Panic" buttons and drove off.I did this for 1 week,every morning.
I have noticed that the cars all have not moved all week,so I sent her 1 key and mailed it to her,and told her I wanted her to be nicer and maybe I'll send the others back to her.:hello2:

wow thats a lot of clues, for the woman to find you, maybe you better just mail the
rest of the keys b4 she comes looking for ya and her keys, LOL

mikeraydj

Bronze Member
May 19, 2014
Montana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Deteknix X-Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sadly this sort of attitude is not new. This woman was out of line, but your actions speak a lot about you. Taking the high road can be tough sometimes, but the alternative is even worse. I would be embarrassed. Not something I would be proud of. And certainly not something I would brag about on a forum.

Last edited:

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think once I figured out they did in fact belong to her I would have just stuck them in her mailbox. Or lay them gently next to her front door.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it's funny she mistook you for a girl scout. Not worth worryin about whether she had a bad day. Toss her keys back, forget about the old heifer, and go buy the cookies from the Girl Scouts yourself. A whole bunch. If you get extra, I really like those Thin Mint ones.

HEck no !!! mint ?? eewww
MACAROONS !!!
I will buy a case of those when I see em...
Must hide from girlfriend... in back of fridge.
Which does nothing to "protect" them from her...
She has nose for chocolate.
I am not really snack guy... sweets and such... but her... god you better bury in ground if you want to actually have some later.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread