Aug 27, 2014
NOVA
Detector(s) used
White's MXT All Pro-10D2 & 6x10dd
White's 6000 Pro XL
Fisher 1266x
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
(I posted in the lower section of the forum, but believe maybe more will see it here and discuss)

Hi XP Deus owners. Question about charging...I read somewhere that a owner leaves his Deus on the charger until he uses it, then it's right back on the charger when he gets back. Is this a good practice or not? The manual mentions no more than 3 hours of charging at a time. Would leaving it on the charger cause damage to anything or is it just for energy purposes, like wasting energy being plugged in all the time. Thanks in advance for any info!

pkb

Feb 10, 2013
Dallas
Detector(s) used
Two Garrett AT PRO's, two Garrett pro pointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
as with any rechargeable battery its best to use it until its depleted down to about %10. The battery's life will be extended. ( the number of times its charged) The charger has a sensor that shuts it down when fully charged. I don't see a problem leaving it plugged in ( JMO) as the charger shuts off. But might want to check around

Last edited:

Digger

Mar 24, 2003
Dodge City Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, E-Trac, Makro Racer 2, DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not so sure that the chargers used for metal detectors are "smart chargers" with the exception of maybe the CTX. I know the chargers I use for my RC (remote control) stuff is a big computer chip driven box that makes it a smart charger that will shut off when charged and they still don't recommend leaving the battery on the charger all the time. These chargers for most detectors are pretty simple chargers. I don't see them having the ability to do much more than feed a small charge so I'd say don't leave them on more than the recommended time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread