OUCH

WV Hillbilly

Dec 8, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
TIME RANGER CZ3D ACE 250
Man I feel your pain . Never has happened to me but some other things has that almost made me sick . I can't believe a lawyer is suggesting you commit a crime by filing a false insurance claim . Maybe he'll represent you for free when you get arrested for insurance fraud . The takes a licking & keeps on ticking idea just might work though . I'd give it serious thought . HH

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
WV Hillbilly said:
Man I feel your pain . Never has happened to me but some other things has that almost made me sick . I can't believe a lawyer is suggesting you commit a crime by filing a false insurance claim . Maybe he'll represent you for free when you get arrested for insurance fraud . The takes a licking & keeps on ticking idea just might work though . I'd give it serious thought . HH

I was also amazed by the responses in general....some insulting, some suggesting fraud, not good!

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
See, I've been telling you guys that a White is not as good as my Garrett! ;) M ;D nty

tinkb

Feb 12, 2005
Salem Ohio
Sorry to hear about your detector Green. I can just imagine how you felt about it. I guess a lot of us get pretty attached to our machines and feel for you.

Have you looked inside the box yet to see if the curcuit board got crushed. For running over it with a truck sure looks like it held up pretty good.

Daisy

Apr 16, 2006
Ontario, Canada
I don't think what they suggested is fraudulent, unless you lie and say it was stolen. I would be hesitant to claim it though since your rates will go up. Would probably be cheaper in the long run to have it fixed. Assuming it is salvagable. Good luck! Poor little Marsha... ::)

WV Hillbilly

Dec 8, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
TIME RANGER CZ3D ACE 250
Well Daisy , It was suggested that he tell the insurance company that he ran over his friends detector when in fact he ran over his own .

Hey Green 1 , I suggest you leave your buds at home & take some friends detecting with you . : ;D

OP
OP
Green1

Green1

Silver Member
Mar 20, 2006
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Mxt 6x10 coil Massachusetts
tell me about it kalbster,,, i left it out on the edge of a field
one time..... ::) ::)

the curcuit board is intact less one of the little thingies that are soldered on it.... i'm hoping to get out of this under 200 bucks,,
rather than even try insurance, i'll pay,, maybe i'll learn something. :o

nana nailed it, marsha marsha marsha........ ;D ;D ;D ;D
the other mxt is tilula........ :o :o ::) ::) ;D ;D ;) ;) ;) ;) 8)

BioProfessor

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2007
Mankato, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-Trac, White E-Series DFX
If the circuit board is intact and there is only one thing that needs to be reattached, sounds like it might just power up if you can get that wire attached. Make sure the battery pack has the batteries in proper alignment so you get 12V. May have to fiddle with that a little - solder them in if need be. If it will power up after a little TLC, take some good pictures and get them to White's. They may not use your detector in an ad and pay you but they may repair it for free and use the picture and story. Nothing much to lose and it will make a real good end to a real bad incidence.

If you're not too good with wires and solder and stuff, try and find an amateur ham operator to give you a hand. They are good at this kind of stuff and like us, they try to help when they can.

Daryl

BioProfessor

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2007
Mankato, MN
Detector(s) used
Laughing about what???

Where were the pictures and repair prices posted? Just wondering if they aren't US owned machines under contract with White's.

Daryl

BioProfessor

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2007
Mankato, MN
Detector(s) used
That's what I figured. I used to work as a field engineer for a company that sold electronic gear. We would write contracts to repair all the machines for a company, government agency, etc. for a very low price. We lost money on every one but we also got to sell many new machines. That was the philosophy of the company. I would be willing to bet that White's did the same thing to get the US government business. They probably sold them thousands of units with a very low "repair" price. If they were refurbishing the machines for that price, one would think they would not be in surplus in that good a condition considering they are still in use in Iraq and Afganistan.

If White's is offering a refurbish for $40-$50, I'll send mine in every year for a tune up and refurb. I work in some pretty rough areas and it could use some sprucing up during the off season. It is a great deal.

Daryl

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread