DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I Just wanted to remind everyone that has been under snow for awhile now and plans to be for awhile longer,if you haven't already, it might be best to take the batteries out of your machine.Chances are they would be ok ,but when not using for awhile there is always that chance of battery corrosion, and it can kill a machine.It just now crossed my mind to take mine out.Just a heads up!

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep good idea bud. I'm sending my T2 and F75 in for upgrades as well. Gonna get the 15" coil for $99 too. Think I've got a few spots it may do well

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks, DI2...got mine out and hope I can put them in for a hunt in March!

OP
OP
DigIron2

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep good idea bud. I'm sending my T2 and F75 in for upgrades as well. Gonna get the 15" coil for $99 too. Think I've got a few spots it may do well
That's smart Ahab,might as well get it done while your waiting anyway.That's a good price for the coil.I need to get me one of those small sniper coils,just don't have the funds right now.

OP
OP
DigIron2

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, DI2...got mine out and hope I can put them in for a hunt in March!
this snow is good for nothing but Eskimos and polar bears.We only got less then a foot here,but with these cold temps,who knows how long it will stick around,not to mention more we might have coming to go on top of it.I know your trigger finger has got to be iching,but it's coming

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
this snow is good for nothing but Eskimos and polar bears.We only got less then a foot here,but with these cold temps,who knows how long it will stick around,not to mention more we might have coming to go on top of it.I know your trigger finger has got to be iching,but it's coming

This morning, I took the dogs for their morning walk about 2 hours later than usual so it had time to warm up a little bit...
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1424456176.986219.jpg

....so yes, I am getting antsy, lol! Cjon and I were just messaging and he told me he has been out driving around looking for potential permissions, lol!

deadeye 22250

Jan 23, 2014
north central Oh
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, DFX, AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always take the batteries out if it is going to be quite a while before I can detect again.

1shotwade

May 29, 2014
southern Indiana
Detector(s) used
white 4900/d
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The snow can also be a good thing for those seeking treasures. I was once a facilities manager for a college.I came in and did most of the snow removal 'cause I was the closest.One year when things started melting off I cleaned up a snowpile where I had pushed all year and found a $300 ring and $52 in lotto tickets.It didn't make up for all the free overtime I gave them that year but it was a much larger "thank you" than they gave me!

Wade

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread