Have you ever searched an area thats already had its treasure taken?

neo

Jul 15, 2013
Hickory NC
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you ever searched an area that's already had its treasure taken?

Me and some friends are thinking about searching an area where treasure has already been found to see if the last hunter missed something. The person found some coins worth one million but if the couple in California found coins worth millions from the 1800s then maybe the last guy didn't find it all. But I could be wrong at least it'll be fun to go out and hunt.

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes. I saw a bunch of holes with trash on the side of them, the first thing I saw a huge hole with a window screen on the side. Various holes everywhere. It was a lost cause, there was a trash pit it looked like it was dug at one point. All I found was either nothing or complete junk. Then I found an untouched hidden trash pit full of good bottles but that is not the best find there, not even close. I went down to a vernal pool that is normally full of water in the spring and after a heavy rain storm, today it was dry. I saw a hole in there but still checked. I got a nice signal and dug my best find of 2014, a beautiful AU details 1803 large cent with a nice appeal for a dug coin.

I wonder what that guy would do if he figured out that he left that coin, worth a few hundred dollars in it's condition, behind even though he was so close?

Sorry for showing that coin off yet again but I am too proud of it.

Attachments

• photo (3).JPG
    photo (3).JPG
    96.4 KB · Views: 101

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread