Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I guess the lousy weather is a blessing in disguise, I have more time to actually learn even more about the xp. this means re-watching the numerous videos on each property of the machine. re-reading the book by Andy Sabisch as well as the book that comes with the machine. because of this, I have been experimenting with the settings along with some air testing as I try to maximize the style or type of hunting I mainly do here. Really starting to understand how and why some of the guys refer to theirs as a beast as they figure them out. Really love the ability to change everything to fit the circumstance, a little change here or there can make a great difference. I am also learning more about how the machine actually works and how I can alter its functions to my advantage. I am a tone guy mainly and you have not only numerous choices in which tones to use, you can alter how they sound, pretty cool. I have created several new programs for me to proof out in the field, one geared more towards silver and one mainly for gold. I am sure that I will be tweaking them as I use them but the machine is so easy to edit and tweak. For someone like me, this was a major up grade and expensive, so I was constantly worrying that I had made a good choice but that wasn't the issue at all. after all of my past strokes and such, I am somewhat electronically challenged now so I am excited to be able to do so much with the very versatile Deus. I guess the learning curve is pretty easy if you read the info and then watch the many informative videos several times as I have done. to a lot of you out there, this is old hat but for people like me, being able to easily change or alter programs to have your own custom programs just for you is mind blowing. yep, made a pretty darn good choice in the deus. Jerry

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great news and most informative post.
I didn't realize A.Sabisch authored a Deus book. Are they easily found?
Very good luck.
Peace ✌

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
easy to get the book on the internet, runs about $20

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello Jerry,

Congratulations on the new detector! This weather has me sitting around with my new (to me) Minelab Explorer SE learning the tones, creating disc. patterns and testing various settings. I wish the snow will disappear so I can play with the new settings. I'm also trying out (in my house) and Test bed (shoveled it out) the settings from forum member "TheSleeper", he has some interesting ideas.

Good Luck with the detector!

Regards,

Doc

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
gotta find the positive in the situations and this allows or should I say forces us/me to take the time and really learn more about the machine, hope you, Doc, are working out those tones too. chomping at the bit as well.

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
no better time to learn looter,hopefully this mess will be gone soon and you can put it in action.I know I can't wait to get back out

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
the one thing I am very glad of was being talked into going ahead and getting the remote. there is so much more that you can do with the remote and being a tone hunter, once you have the machine set up, you can take off the remote. this cuts down even more on the weight but also allows you to not have to worry about the remote at all. the only thing I am not totally happy with is the sw4 headsets which are a little small for my head. really wish they were bigger but I will deal with it for now. won't be long and it will be the heat and bugs but at least everyone will be able to get out some

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes sir,I can do without the heat and bugs myself,but I sure can't wait to smell that sweet honeysuckle,and hear them late evening frogs chirping.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome dirtlooter! Looking forward to seeing what you can find with your new toy!

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting