Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I detect for the thrill of the hunt. I like being outdoors, digging in the dirt, and sometimes just to be alone to think or talk to myself.....UMM....I mean talk to the birds! uhhh ya.

It's nice to just be outside in a remote area just to get away. I also dig everything depending on where I'm at. I just have to know what's in the ground. lol I've actually been in the woods and sat down at the base of a tree for hours just enjoying everything around, or even taking a nap at times, in the cool breeze! :laughing7:

When I'm not alone it's always fun to see if we can guess what's in the ground before we dig. It's amazing the trash or items in the most remote places that you would think many people have not gone. It just shows, that there is stuff buried everywhere, and you never know what might turn up!

I don't have a pin pointer and spent a long time tracking down a BB. I kept that BB!! It was too much work to throw away!

JrMack

Feb 16, 2014
steuben co. ny
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter, x-terra 305/505/705,discovery TF 900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
something cool about finding something that has been lost and then recovered years after. just think of the attachment someone had to some of the things we find,

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I grew up on land that used to be the local dump, til it was bulldozed and covered over with a thin layer of top soil. Us kids used to dig in the dirt for hours, pulling out everything from marbles to soda bottles (5 cents apiece when we returned). So, metal detecting for me is sort of like being a kid again, having adventures, digging around in the dirt and bringing home treasures.

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For the thrill of the hunt and to be oustide and enjoy the peace and quiet. The excercise is nice too.

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
What drives you to detect even after getting skunked over and over again.

I'm a fisherman. That makes me an eternal optimist.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love colonial history. I think the struggles that my ancestors went through when they arrived on these shores is incredible. I love the fact that a group of colonists had the courage to rise up against the worlds super power. I just find anything colonial fascinating and I feel so honored to have a collection of items from this time period. Holding a Mass silver in my hand is hard to put into words

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I enjoy the anticipation of retrieving a good find. However, I also am motivated to discover what made the detector beep even when it's just trash.
luvsdux

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
For the eye candy. And I'm a old goat.

And the high of seeing Gold in the Scoop!

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only way I can play in the dirt like a little kid without someone thinking I have issues.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I do it to be down at the beach! It's my favorite place and has been all my life.
What the sea and the beach evoks in me, metal detecting connects me to it!
The adventure continues!

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My husband started relic hunting years ago and the few times I got to go with him it was me watching our two children and just standing over the hole or helping him to find the object in the dirt clods with the boys. Fast foward 25 years or so and now it's my turn. I've always loved finding treasures and collecting ever since I was young so it continues on. The stories I invent in my own head are probably better than the actuality of how the object got there. I think it takes a little bit if a daydreamer's spirit to be a metal detectorist.

voodoo

Nov 10, 2013
calgary
Detector(s) used
AT Gold, Pro pointer AT, Lesche digger, Garrett digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
excitement, possibilities of what's hidden, exercise, just being in the outdoors, comraderie, sharing, learning, teaching, helping folks recover lost items, seeing new places, discovery and it's just fun

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Adventure...
Discovery...
Mystery...
Travel...
History...
Wonder...
Experience...
And of course... The possibility of hitting the mother lode.

What not to like ?

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Because I'm one of 'Coronado's Children'. Hope you know that reference.

John Winter

Aug 23, 2014
England
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm currently in the process of writing a book that involves detecting. I'm not sure yet if it will be a series directed at youth or a novel. I would like any and all input. The storyline is as follows.

A brother and sister are in the car with their parents on their way to visit grandma and grandpa who live on Cape Cod. They encounter a violent storm and the parents die in a car crash. The kids go to live with the grandparents and the young boy is presented with a metal detector. While in the hospital library the boy stumbles upon a book about treasure myths along the east coast of the US and is attracted to a myth of treasure off the shore of cape Cod Bay.

I don't detect any more because of ill-health and get my 'fix' by writing about the hobby. Every month the since 2005 I have penned something for a national magazine. On the first page of this thread the original poster asked for advice ... be interested in what he thought about my comment ...

Kevin in IN

Feb 21, 2011
N.Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov.GT , Explorer SE Pro , Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it's somewhat of a compulsive disorder for me, along with a love for history. I hunted arrowheads for many years, until no till farming ruined it in my area. So metal detecting was the next likly choice for me. I have never sold anything, just like to look at what I've found and wonder about the person who lost it. Almost sounds a little creepy when put into words. But I don't feel alone here. Kevin

JBnNC

May 25, 2013
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
I just love to put my hands on a small piece of history. Especially when hunting for Civil War relics, I realize that I am the first person to touch an item in 150 years. I often pull from the ground that smashed or dropped bullet, that button or artillery fragment...... and just try to imagine the sights and sounds of what happened there. SO COOL!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread