Huge New Holes In Siberia Have Scientists Calling For Urgent Investigation Of Craters

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Makes the sink holes in FL seem mild compared to these ones, wonder if it's the effects of methane gas build ups from the melting permafrost.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Last edited:
OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At first glance I thought of someone digging up a frozen mastodon or something.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't know about most of these as I have not seen pics of videos of them. However, pics of the main one shown at the link, appears to be more like an impact crater than a sinkhole due to it having a sloped upper opening and higher rim. Of course, many volcanic culderas appear silimar when there is/was a massive explosion, so I guess the same could occur with buildup gases that are suddenly released!

Frank

Last edited:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wonder if that's why we are getting the Siberian winter express here now. :icon_scratch:
They can take back all the snow and ice and probably fill the craters, works for me! :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread