Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think emails are a good way to get permission...its too easy for the person to say "no" and they may be afraid its some type of scam or just be weary of saying yes....much better chance if you ask them in person.

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are your "potential" sites public or private? This can make a difference in your approach.

Whenever possible, it is always best to meet face-to-face. . . it's far too easy for the recipient of your email or form letter not to respond when they don't even know who you are.
Also, if you've done your homework researching the history of their site, the owners/managers of a site MAY be more inclined to grant you an audience if you can tell them something they don't already know.

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep I think it's better to ask in person where possible, most people think your going to be digging giant holes in their yard and asking in person gives you a chance to explain how you dig the coin and leave their yard just as you found it. HH

OP
OP
Peachy

Peachy

Feb 16, 2015
High Lonesome
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Owner / manager lives 100 mi away. I usually meet face to face but no can do in these two situations.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Owner / manager lives 100 mi away. I usually meet face to face but no can do in these two situations.
In that case you've got nothing to loose...good luck...let us know how it turns out.

OP
OP
Peachy

Peachy

Feb 16, 2015
High Lonesome
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They don't take kindly to interlopers. There is a groundskeeper who says "Ask the owner first"

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
I would call and then if I get the green light go down and talk more detailed to the person face-to-face.

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A 100 miles is not that far of a drive to get permission. I travel over 200 miles before to detect and stop at places on the way and back and ask for permission some says yes and some says no. So with gas prices being down drive to them and ask.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread