79bandit

Tenderfoot
Feb 14, 2014
centre county, Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I sent my gold & silver rings to national gold buying.com and got an offer $263.08 for 7 gold rings with 72 silver rings. I about flipped i did flip with a few choice words... I said send them back to me. My scale tells me 17.2 grams in 10K (4 rings)... 11.7 grams in 14K (3 rings). Also silver rings total 379 grams. Is this a reasonable offer? I did ask several companys including cashforgold.com. Mint products etc do you buy by grams or pennyweights. All said pennyweights.

My jewelry scale has DWT and i put it in that mode. A 4.1 gram ring and go to DWT its 2.6 thats a -1.5 rip off. I understand they too need to make money but to me thats a rip off how they do things. Who do you trust these days and who pays the best? National gold has excellent ratings so i went with them was my LAST resort. They no much better than any others I went to.

Mint products did reply to me asap. I emailed them what grams i have in gold rings and before i send to you I like to know what kind money we talking about here. The reply was 1 gram= .643 dwt 10K $18.37 = 9.65dwt value $177.27... 14K $27.45= 7.07 dwt $194.07. There saying thats a $371.34 just in gold. Now I did not send them my rings due to they pay in pennyweights. Plus i wanted to shop around. Mint products only co. who replied to my question. Others did not so I mailed in free of charge to get the offers. I saw National gold has great reviews and they advertize pay the best and compared chart to others on there site. I sent them the rings along with the silver rings and when I got the call as she sounded like i won the lottery good news and you call that good news $263.00 I replied? I felt like i got kicked in the gut. I will be honest I rather dig up clad it adds up quicker than value you get for a silver or gold ring. Anyways do I trust what mint products emailed me? Certainly not. Sounds good but I feel it a waste of time to send in and get another kicked in the gut as others did and the other offers were not much any better.

Thanks for listening to me venting. Happy Hunting... ED

Have anyone of you experienced this as well? Who does pay a fair amount for your findings. And NO I did not tell any of them I found mding.

lawsonland

Oct 1, 2007
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Currently use CTX, Excalibur
Have used V3I, DFX, BHID, ATX, Etrac, TDI, Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get your gold back. The spot price for your gold would be
10K - $278.57
14K - $265.29
Silver $185.07
If you send it to ARA you should get 98% ( Just for gold ) $532.98
Silver is the same 90% $163.23
Total $696.21
At a minimum you should find a local place to get you 85% ~$619.59 for everything.
Hope my math is correct.

Also if any are decent, polish them up and sell on ebay for more the the gold value

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions