Always Be Prepared

Nugs Bunny

Mar 13, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's not just a motto for Boyscouts and fine mustards!

Here is my pocket first aid/survival kit, I still have a few more items to jam in there. I have a magnesium fire starter, wire saw, chlorine water tabs, Fresnel lens and credit card knife on the way, plus I still have to add some regular bandaids and wrap up some low dose chewable aspirin, and ibuprofen. I still also need a few big rubber bands to keep the baggie secure and water tight.

Old empty Johnson & Johnson box for a pocket first aid kit.

1.JPG 2.JPG 3.JPG

Mylar mirror, there is protective film covering it. Cardboard from the aspirin pack, can be used to start a fire or folded into a finger splint. Two 2x2 gauze and knuckle bandaids. Matches with flint and more thin cardboard to start fires.

4.JPG 5.JPG 6.JPG

Close up of how tightly I have it all packed in there. Everything in the kit so far spread out. Fish hooks, split shots sinkers and 30 feet of fishing line all wrapped up and a bobber.

7.JPG 8.JPG 10.JPG

I busted the blades off my old Leatherman Wave, add a stick for a handle and there ya go. The knife blade can also double as a spear point or arrow head and the saw can be used to scale fish. 2' x 2' piece of Mylar blanket, two coffee filters, and a Ziploc baggie, used for making catching and purifying water. Zippo filled waterproof fire starter.

11.JPG 15.JPG 9.JPG

Cheapo credit card survival tool, can be used as a digging tool and many other things besides what is listed on the instruction card.

12.JPG 13.JPG 14.JPG

Leatherman Squirt, pliers, scissors, flathead screwdrivers, file and a razor sharp knife blade.

19.JPG 20.JPG 21.JPG

LED Lensor 25 lumen flashlight, very bright for the size and runs off three button cells.

16.JPG 17.JPG 18.JPG

I numbered some of the items to easier explain what they are.

8(2).jpg

1. Fish hooks sinkers and fishing line.
2. Waterproof firestarter.
3. Old Leatherman blades.
4. Copper wire and Velcro strips.
5. Two sewing needles and small screwdriver from same old Leatherman.
6. Six Bayer aspirin.
7. Two Imodium.
8. Two Zantac.
9. 12' of paracord and 20' of smaller cord from inside the paracord.
10. 10' of duck tape.
11. Razor blade.
12. Mylar, filters and baggie.
13. 20' of sewing thread, pink.
14. Twelve Iodine based water tablets.
15. Antibiotic ointment.
16. Matches, flint and cardboard.

The lens cleaning wipe is just a big alcohol wipe, so it can be used as a fire starter or to clean a wound. The rest is self explanatory and I plan on adding the other items I listed along with a few I haven't thought of yet. The wire and paper clips can be used to bind the blades onto a stick handle, or a lure with some of the Mylar blanket.

Next is a bigger one for the truck, already have the box and a lot of stuff for it too, ya never know when or where but always be prepared for the worst... and hope for the best! Stay safe folks Spring is just around the corner!

Last edited:

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
number 17 cigs!:laughing7: That would be the toughest part of survival! No cigs!:laughing7: I could probably take down a bear by the second day!

Cool! I like how you have it so it all fits in there. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Nugs Bunny

Nugs Bunny

Mar 13, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are in the other pocket, lol gotta have pockets man! I wear cargo pants or shorts when hiking, detecting or anything else like that. I also have my .45 and two spare mags on me, I keep a third spare mag in the truck along with more smokes. I already have a first aid kit in there but will build a larger survival kit with some first aid items.

It's ideal to have three or more, in case you get separated from your main camp, one in the pocket, one in the backpack and one in the vehicle, even one in the tent if you feel like it. The one I'm making for the truck will be stocked a little better in a watertight container, it will also be small enough to throw into a backpack.

My brother told me I should sell these on Ebay but I was thinking about making up a few for a giveaway at my forum once I get back to work.
Glad you liked it, thanks for posting! :occasion14:

Last edited:

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The ammo cans are cool for putting stuff in and storing behind the seat in vehicles. If you get pulled over it's the first thing that gets dumped though. I was with a friend when this happened.:laughing7: He just had a few tools, matches, fishing line and hooks, stuff like that in it.

slink

Dec 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use a medic bag for vehicle has shoulder strap in case walking becomes needed.Small light bag but loaded.

You busted the blades off your wave.Quality tool abuse makes me sad.

Last edited:

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
As for the cigs, I hope you all have better health later than me! I smoked for 40 years, quit in 2000. Now I'm on oxygen most of the time. Doing nebulizer treatments, doing Advair inhales. It's a real b*tch. Sure hope you all don't wind up this way. I like the kit! Nice start.

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where did you get a Fresnel lens that small. I've been trying to find a small pocket sized one for emergency pack

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice setup you have for survival! Thank you for sharing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions