What is YOUR Holy Grail?

Coinhawk

Feb 11, 2015
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you could find anything you wanted, what would it be? I know many people will say something like a horde of gold coins or something else valuable, but I'm more talking about one item or one coin - that you haven't yet found - that you've always wanted to find that would always stand up as your greatest find ever.

For me it would be a 1937 Texas commemorative centennial silver 50 cent piece. Being a native Texan, I would love to find this coin, and I feel it has the most incredible design (a standing eagle in front of the Lone Star) of any US coin. I wonder how many of these coins are hiding in the ground.

Anyone else?

Metal Illness

Jul 1, 2011
Englewood, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As far as American coinage, I would love to find my first 3 cent Silver. I would love to find a 20 cent coin these are very rare, I've only seen a couple posted! And of course any Colonial coinage would top the list.

OP
OP
C

Coinhawk

Feb 11, 2015
Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
As far as American coinage, I would love to find my first 3 cent Silver. I would love to find a 20 cent coin these are very rare, I've only seen a couple posted! And of course any Colonial coinage would top the list.

Good choices for sure! And I agree, anything 18th century US would be amazing.

GoteRider

Greenie
Feb 16, 2015
Ga.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anything that the confederate soldiers left behind when they camped for one night a few miles from my house. It was said that gold bars, coins and silver was hid there. I might get lucky one day.

Chisos

Aug 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you could find anything you wanted, what would it be? I know many people will say something like a horde of gold coins or something else valuable, but I'm more talking about one item or one coin - that you haven't yet found - that you've always wanted to find that would always stand up as your greatest find ever.

For me it would be a 1937 Texas commemorative centennial silver 50 cent piece. Being a native Texan, I would love to find this coin, and I feel it has the most incredible design (a standing eagle in front of the Lone Star) of any US coin. I wonder how many of these coins are hiding in the ground.

Anyone else?

Next to half priced books on #83 in Austin. They have more than one at a decent price...

Seabees

Jan 3, 2014
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
-Whites & Minelab-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As far as American coinage, I would love to find my first 3 cent Silver.

I just found my 1st 3 cent piece two weeks ago (1865) at first look I thought it was an old beat up penny. My ultimate find would be the "ARK".

d2

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2005
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro/Cibola Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
An Arkansas civil war belt plate. I think 1,200 were made and there are 3 or 4 known to exist. The way I see things is there are at least 1,196 still out there somewhere...d2

OP
OP
C

Coinhawk

Feb 11, 2015
Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Next to half priced books on #83 in Austin. They have more than one at a decent price...

Thanks for the heads up! I'll probably save up and buy one eventually. But to dig it out of the ground... that would be something!

Still, I'll follow up on your lead. :)

StormSurge

Oct 6, 2011
S E Virginia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coinhawk, I'm hard pressed to think of one. There are just too many things that I'd be thrilled to find. I just like to find history.
I did find a commorative coin a few years ago though it wasn't A '37 Texas.

It's in fantastic shape.
image.jpg image.jpg

StormSurge

Oct 6, 2011
S E Virginia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone know why my photo's flip upside down when I post? Strange if you click on them they will be rights idle up?

Last edited:

Metal Illness

Jul 1, 2011
Englewood, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funny I forgot to mention any GOLD COIN! I guess my mind won't even allow me to Dream that big, but it should be included on my bucket list!

Peachy

Feb 16, 2015
High Lonesome
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My sisters class ring, Lost in the yard (three fourths of a acre) in 1975. Started me into metal detecting and have never found it yet. Believe me, there are very few signals left in that yard! Ever now and then an old who knows what iron thing. Her class ring, that would be my grail moment.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gold coin love token...or a $20 gold coin...or even better, a $20 gold coin love token. :icon_thumright:

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funny I forgot to mention any GOLD COIN! I guess my mind won't even allow me to Dream that big, but it should be included on my bucket list!

My thoughts EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!! ANY!!!!!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread