What is YOUR Holy Grail?
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 93
Like Tree91Likes

Thread: What is YOUR Holy Grail?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
  1. #1
    us
    Feb 2015
    Texas
    Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Pro Pointer
    65
    51 times
    Metal Detecting

    What is YOUR Holy Grail?

    If you could find anything you wanted, what would it be? I know many people will say something like a horde of gold coins or something else valuable, but I'm more talking about one item or one coin - that you haven't yet found - that you've always wanted to find that would always stand up as your greatest find ever.

    For me it would be a 1937 Texas commemorative centennial silver 50 cent piece. Being a native Texan, I would love to find this coin, and I feel it has the most incredible design (a standing eagle in front of the Lone Star) of any US coin. I wonder how many of these coins are hiding in the ground.

    Anyone else?
    Msbeepbeep and bowser like this.

  2. #2
    us
    Jul 2011
    Englewood, Ohio
    Minelab E-Trac
    610
    722 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    As far as American coinage, I would love to find my first 3 cent Silver. I would love to find a 20 cent coin these are very rare, I've only seen a couple posted! And of course any Colonial coinage would top the list.
    Coinhawk likes this.

  3. #3
    us
    Feb 2015
    Texas
    Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Pro Pointer
    65
    51 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Metal Illness View Post
    As far as American coinage, I would love to find my first 3 cent Silver. I would love to find a 20 cent coin these are very rare, I've only seen a couple posted! And of course any Colonial coinage would top the list.
    Good choices for sure! And I agree, anything 18th century US would be amazing.

  4. #4
    us
    Oct 2014
    Mid Atlantic / East coast
    XP DEUS
    651
    657 times
    Relic Hunting
    NE coin, any denomination.

  5. #5
    us
    Feb 2015
    Ga.
    10
    6 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Anything that the confederate soldiers left behind when they camped for one night a few miles from my house. It was said that gold bars, coins and silver was hid there. I might get lucky one day.

  6. #6

    Aug 2012
    197
    44 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Coinhawk View Post
    If you could find anything you wanted, what would it be? I know many people will say something like a horde of gold coins or something else valuable, but I'm more talking about one item or one coin - that you haven't yet found - that you've always wanted to find that would always stand up as your greatest find ever.

    For me it would be a 1937 Texas commemorative centennial silver 50 cent piece. Being a native Texan, I would love to find this coin, and I feel it has the most incredible design (a standing eagle in front of the Lone Star) of any US coin. I wonder how many of these coins are hiding in the ground.

    Anyone else?

    Next to half priced books on #83 in Austin. They have more than one at a decent price...

  7. #7
    us
    "We Build, We Fight"

    Jan 2014
    The Evergreen State
    -Whites & Minelab-
    196
    197 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Metal Illness View Post
    As far as American coinage, I would love to find my first 3 cent Silver.
    I just found my 1st 3 cent piece two weeks ago (1865) at first look I thought it was an old beat up penny. My ultimate find would be the "ARK".
    Metal Illness likes this.

  8. #8
    d2
    d2 is offline
    us
    Mar 2005
    Arkansas
    Tesoro/Cibola Garrett ATPro
    1,513
    968 times
    Relic Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    An Arkansas civil war belt plate. I think 1,200 were made and there are 3 or 4 known to exist. The way I see things is there are at least 1,196 still out there somewhere...d2

  9. #9
    us
    Feb 2015
    Texas
    Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Pro Pointer
    65
    51 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Chisos View Post
    Next to half priced books on #83 in Austin. They have more than one at a decent price...
    Thanks for the heads up! I'll probably save up and buy one eventually. But to dig it out of the ground... that would be something!

    Still, I'll follow up on your lead.

  10. #10
    us
    Oct 2011
    S E Virginia
    400
    171 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Coinhawk, I'm hard pressed to think of one. There are just too many things that I'd be thrilled to find. I just like to find history.
    I did find a commorative coin a few years ago though it wasn't A '37 Texas.

    It's in fantastic shape.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	230 
Size:	1,015.4 KB 
ID:	1125247 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	247 
Size:	965.8 KB 
ID:	1125248

  11. #11
    us
    Oct 2011
    S E Virginia
    400
    171 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Anyone know why my photo's flip upside down when I post? Strange if you click on them they will be rights idle up?
    Last edited by StormSurge; Feb 27, 2015 at 12:25 PM. Reason: Added content

  12. #12
    us
    Oct 2014
    Mid Atlantic / East coast
    XP DEUS
    651
    657 times
    Relic Hunting
    I dont know but when I enlarge them theyre right side up.
    StormSurge likes this.

  13. #13
    us
    Martiobarbuli

    May 2012
    Wyoming
    White's
    1,242
    1971 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    A silver 1776 Continental Dollar!

  14. #14
    us
    Okie

    Apr 2013
    Eastern Oklahoma
    Whites V3i,Whites DFX, Whites TRX, Garrett Pro Pointer
    388
    314 times
    Metal Detecting and Native American Artifacts
    Mine would be a confederate belt plate
    StormSurge likes this.
    The wicked flee when no man pursueth but the righteous are bold as a lion

  15. #15
    us
    Jul 2011
    Englewood, Ohio
    Minelab E-Trac
    610
    722 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Cross Potent View Post
    I dont know but when I enlarge them theyre right side up.
    Strange, because when I clicked to enlarge them, they're still upside down.

 

 
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Another Holy Grail
    By Civil War Nut in forum Today's Finds!
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: Mar 18, 2012, 10:14 PM
  2. The Holy Grail
    By spartacus53 in forum Movies
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Mar 16, 2012, 08:56 PM
  3. Holy CRAP!!!!! I got my HOLY GRAIL.......
    By biggmike in forum Beach and Shallow Water
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: Oct 27, 2011, 10:19 PM
  4. HOLY COW!! Is this the "Holy Grail of Milk Bottles?
    By jgas in forum Today's Finds!
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: Dec 02, 2010, 12:43 AM
  5. The Holy Grail
    By drindianajones in forum Cache Hunting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Jan 12, 2007, 03:32 AM

Search tags for this page

brasher

Click on a term to search for related topics.
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0