Scrap silver coin values?

ryaan21

Apr 17, 2007
Gladstone, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 Garrett GTAx 550, Teknetics Delta 4000, Teknetics T2, Teknetics Omega 8000, Garrett AT Pro, Whites Coinmaster GT, Fisher CZ70 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey all. I am in the process of going through all my coins. Gonna scrap the silver, clean up the clad and wheaties.

I was looking at the coinflation silver melt calculator and was wondering something. Do silver coins only have value for their silver or does the copper included add value as well?

Also when selling silver, for those who have, how much are you willing to take vs spot?

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The site that you looked at also has a way to sell to them. They take all that in bulk and send you a check. I am not sure how fast the payment is or anything, but it is an option. You can also take to pawn shop and sell as scrap silver.

PaDirtDigger

Feb 2, 2015
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
White's XLT (2), Garrett Ace 250, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think to a pawn shop or better yet, most jewelry stores (not the big chains like Zales though) usually have sign stating that they buy coins etc... I think it is better in person and then you also have your money up front. Always know they need to make money too, but dont let them run you over either, get a max idea from the websites, and go from there

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ryaan,

Check Kitco they show how much they pay for scrap silver coins.....they are based in Canada but it gives you a good benchmark to use for comparison as they do business worldwide and are very competitive.

I can't post a link because it's a commercial site....just google it.

Regards + HH

Bill

OP
OP
ryaan21

ryaan21

Apr 17, 2007
Gladstone, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 Garrett GTAx 550, Teknetics Delta 4000, Teknetics T2, Teknetics Omega 8000, Garrett AT Pro, Whites Coinmaster GT, Fisher CZ70 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks gang. The pawnshop here is a ripoff he offered me like 25%. Maybe I am just to optimistic haha. I think the jewelry stores are next on the list then.

OP
OP
ryaan21

ryaan21

Apr 17, 2007
Gladstone, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ryaan,

Check Kitco they show how much they pay for scrap silver coins.....they are based in Canada but it gives you a good benchmark to use for comparison as they do business worldwide and are very competitive.

I can't post a link because it's a commercial site....just google it.

Regards + HH

Bill

Hey thanks a bunch. Checking them out now. :)

OP
OP
ryaan21

ryaan21

Apr 17, 2007
Gladstone, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tried selling on a local buy/sell/trade facebook page but everyone wanted to try to cherry pick the group, as if I would sell key dates/rare coins at bullion prices haha I listed them as lot of coins for a little less than melt and people were messaging me asking me to take close up pictures of each coin, asking if they could come look over them to buy the ones they wanted. I just said screw it and pulled the add.

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have sold to one business/person for a few years now. Building a relationship is key if you hope to receive close to spot.
If a one time sale, definitely call around. You may be surprised.
Avoid pawn shops at all costs.
Take nothing less than 85% of spot. I normally get more.
GL
Peace ✌

PaDirtDigger

Feb 2, 2015
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
White's XLT (2), Garrett Ace 250, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CincinnatiKid said it exactly right. ..

OP
OP
ryaan21

ryaan21

Apr 17, 2007
Gladstone, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1 peace dollar
1 walking half
6 quarters-3 washington, 2 standing, 1 barber
13 dimes-rosies and mercs
2 war nickels

2 canadian dimes and 1 canadian quarter

2 junked silver rings.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
1 peace dollar
1 walking half
6 quarters-3 washington, 2 standing, 1 barber
13 dimes-rosies and mercs
2 war nickels

2 canadian dimes and 1 canadian quarter

2 junked silver rings.

when you say scrap, do you mean culls? no good for collecting?

90% all? pm me what you want for them

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions