What Gloves would you recommend?

treasuresalvor

Mar 14, 2011
Earth
Detector(s) used
A couple Sovereign's, Excalibur II, Eureka Gold, Falcon MD20, TM808, Sierra Madre, 5900 DIProsl, Garrett ADS III with Bloodhound, Fisher 1280x, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was going to say " Just buy anything that you will actually wear " because they really are a must. All the rusty, sharp and dirty things we unearth can leave a bad experience if you don't use them. I usually try and get the rubberized Palm ones. They are thin enough that I keep them on most of the time.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
On the beach! I scoop everything up for close inspection before grabbing. Avoids the needles and hooks. Frank five star.png

JBnNC

May 25, 2013
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Wells Lamont "blue latex cotton/poly glove" in a tight fit. The have great feel and are fairly durable. The rubber on the tips of the fingers wear out first if I'm doing a lot of scratch digging in the bottom of a hole. They last a few days of hard digging, then I'll toss them for a new pair...my wife just ordered me 15 pr.@ less than $2 each on sale(murdochs.com).

Seabees

Jan 3, 2014
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
-Whites & Minelab-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
(Western Safety) for summer about $3 and (Hardy) for the winter about $5, both can be found at harbor fright. Best glove out there (imo).

OP
OP
RustyGold

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Thank you for the great glove suggestions. After checking out all the different styles, I'm going to try the Mechanix gloves and see how they'll do.
Anymore glove recommendations feel free! It's great to have someplace to see what people have to say about what they like to use!

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
When choosing the type of glove to use, besides being practical, remember to choose something stylish that will compliment your hunting attire. A bit of sequence or some embroidery will go along way in projecting your unique flair for fashion.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for the great glove suggestions. After checking out all the different styles, I'm going to try the Mechanix gloves and see how they'll do.
Anymore glove recommendations feel free! It's great to have someplace to see what people have to say about what they like to use!

If it's hot out the little cheap Gorilla gloves at Home Depot are my favorite

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm a little different in this aspect as well.
I usually get a box or two of Super duty Rubber Throw away type gloves (In black) they do get hot in the Sun.
A pair will usually last me a Day of hard hunting, sometimes the forefinger & thumb will tear when using my hand to dig a-lot
Then I just put another one on . On sale Est,$ 9.99 for a box of 50 a Harbor Fright.
In the winter /Cold Ill wear these with one of the Cloth W/ rubber coating on the Front.
Also when they get torn 'or not' I put Minies , or other relics in the fingers so their patina Won't get chipped up badly.

Just my strange way of doing things.

jim beam

Greenie
Mar 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I recall correctly, Im using deer leather gloves.
Home garden gloves I think.
Seen some rubber type gloves at the dollar store that looked durable enough.
But, didnt bother with them.
I also used a utility belt and pouches to carry my digging tools and pinpointer.
Recently change to using a browning shot shell belt pouch.
Added a few more pouches, works great when on the move.

Jim

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I recall correctly, Im using deer leather gloves.
Home garden gloves I think.
Seen some rubber type gloves at the dollar store that looked durable enough.
But, didnt bother with them.
I also used a utility belt and pouches to carry my digging tools and pinpointer.
Recently change to using a browning shot shell belt pouch.
Added a few more pouches, works great when on the move.

Jim

Never can have enough tools ..'that said I think I lost the 12 inch w/o handle flat head Screwdriver that I found over a year ago, that thing was or still is great for probing & popping out small items esp,at Parks.

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Brahma Quality Gloves are my choice. Rubber palms and finger tips, breathable back. Amazon has some for about $6, and I bought mine for $6 in a convenience store. Easily picks up coins.

5141XbK9uZL.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions