From my Property in Georgia. Help!

NorthGa

Tenderfoot
Mar 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow.. Its been forever since I browsed these forums.. Years and Years I'm sure.

Anyways, I decided to log in and post to get a few opinions.

I'm located in North Georgia, West of Dahlonega. Many of you already know about the Gold in the Dahlonega area.

Anyways, I'm blessed to have some property and for years my wife has claimed that there is gold on it. This has been passed down from generation to generation in her family. This property has been in the family since the original Georgia Land Lottery days.

So, after hearing about this gold bearing area, she and I decided to put this to a rest as I'm prob the biggest skeptic of all. About a month ago, we jumped into the Polaris and headed to the creek. Not knowing a Gold pan from a frying pan, we dug around a bit in the creek bed. I pulled maybe 5 gallons of loose gravel and mud. Also, we're covered up with Quartz.. Lots of Quartz. I know of at least 4-5 huge boulders that are the size of a pretty big car engine. These would take a serious bulldozer to move in my opinion. The other pieces are on the hillside all over the place.

We messed around with the dirt a bit the best we could and came away with a tiny flake of what we believe *may* be a piece of gold.

I'm attaching images for your thoughts and opinions before I invest further.

One of the pictures is what a tiny piece of quartz too. FullSizeRender.jpg FullSizeRender1.jpg IMG_5666.JPG IMG_5672.JPG

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
nearly impossible to help you from photos.lick your nugget,if it turns dark its prolly mica.also gold is mallable and can be reshaped.the fools gold varieties are brittle.
good luck
p.s.there is a gold prospecting forum here at tnet,I would repost this there

Harvest

Apr 6, 2008
Daytona Beach, Fl.
Detector(s) used
Whites SL90, Surf PI, Minelab Excalibur 800
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
if you really need help PM me you know private message or whatever it is here and I'll try to give you the help you need I've worked at area north Georgia west George a lot ,if you've got a lot of water a dredge is a good idea but it's pretty easy to get into it then I'll just don't be open. Don't trust the clever people trying to say a lot come up there and do this and do that but email me or whatever and I'll try to give you the best advice I can I'm old I've been doing it a long time you have a good day may God bless you sincerely Harvest thank you

Rodbuster209

Oct 26, 2010
Northern California
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE, Excaliber 1000, Sovereign, White's SpectrumXLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like gold to me, hit it with a hammer, if it flattens out and doesn't break it is most likely gold, also go to you tube and watch how people sluice in a stream, real easy. Good Luck!

cosmic

Dec 31, 2006
Watseka, Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors Core, X pointer, Sunrays
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Take it out in the sun, shadow it, if it remains bight probably gold.. If it turns dark, mica...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread