pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Can't imagine swamping a canoe this time of the year. Be safe out there, equipment can be dried out. Go buy a big sack of rice to put the electronics into, remove all power sources and don't try to use anything until it's dry. Good luck.

I've truly over worked my GA into a early retirement. :laughing7:

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been there, done that twice and still have the 4 hp Johnson which still runs. Good luck with the detectors.:coffee2:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That must have been a cold experience! If the wives get the two of you "new white winter coats" check them twice before you put them on. :laughing7:

I think my GA took early retirement and handed me off to Murphy till a replacement is found. :icon_scratch:

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you try it again, I might suggest good life insurance policies for the wives. In cold weather and cold water, you can go from just a funny story to a tragedy pretty quick.

Meadow

May 27, 2014
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh dear. I'm glad you're all okay! The damage to the equipment is a bit of a calamity, I hope it's not too bad. I suppose you're being scolded enough by your families, not much I can do at this point except admire your toughness.

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
I tried to walk on a 6 inch ridge with god only knows how many feet of water on one side and a two foot drop of into rocks and water on the other side to get to a good place to metal detect. It was early January so you had around an inch or two of ice, I stepped on the ice with one foot and it shattered showing water. I walked the whole way, diggers and metal detector in hand. I finally got over when I remembered I will need to do it again to come back. Yep! That the metal detecting mindset!

Slingshot

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2004
Southern Appalachia
Detector(s) used
Whites CM2 BFO, Harbor Freight 9 function, BH Pioneer 202, Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My secret contacts in Paradise have assured me that all Detectorists get a minimum of 3 Guardian Angels, still you may be pushing it. Take care & be careful out there. Cheers!!

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That must have been a cold experience! If the wives get the two of you "new white winter coats" check them twice before you put them on. :laughing7:

I think my GA took early retirement and handed me off to Murphy till a replacement is found. :icon_scratch:
Naw, I think you're safe from Murphy. Murphy's my best friend! Always there for me.........

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread