anyone find anything suspicious about the show legends of the Dutchman mine show?

OP
OP
spanishgold1

spanishgold1

Mar 3, 2011
Utah
Detector(s) used
Pulse Star 2 Pro, Fisher CZ-21, Whites duel field, MineLab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Other
Here is another thing that I noticed as clear as the nose on my face on the first show. Look at there snake guards for there legs. I use them all the time when ever I get in the desert in Utah and Nevada. Your crazy not to out here. What really freaks you out is in the summer time the rattle snakes will craw up and lay on the sage brush. If you have ever come across one laying on the sage brush that just freaks you out. I don't care who you are....... Anyway back to my thoughts. If you look at my snake covers I use they are all dusty and dirty from the dirt, and everything out there. These guys are supposed to be treasure hunters and maybe they are. Its not for me to say they are or are not. They have been hunting in Arizona for years looking for placer gold or the lost dutchman mind. BUT.........Check out there snake guards. I was looking hard to see a Cabellas tag still on them hanging. They are brand new snake guards!!!!!! Clean as can be.. Looks like they just took them out of the package. If you have ever used them you will know what I mean. That just didn't seem right seeing brand new snake pants on experienced treasure hunters. Just my two cents.

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeh but.....
The "players" on the show are real people not actors, I say this as people here...know and respect them. I also watch "storage hunters"
Most of them were/are storage hunters. I know at least one of them have ebay auctions with 945 current listings. Pawn stars. It was, and still is a pawn shop. But...when you are paid 25 grand + per episode, what the hell! Why not?
I think...I mean I hope..the guys from the show will make decent money, yet still explore the Superstitions. It's in their blood.
Good lord, they all work harder then chumlee, right?:laughing7:

Last edited:

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They don't make anywhere near that amount. Typical pay for reality shows is $1500-$2000 per episode for cable channels. About $10,000 per episode for a major channel (ABC, NBC, CBS). Once you hit four episodes, you get a $5000 bonus.

Syndication is when the big bucks start coming in Chum Lee gets about $125,000 per episode.

Mike

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They don't make anywhere near that amount. Typical pay for reality shows is $1500-$2000 per episode for cable channels. About $10,000 per episode for a major channel (ABC, NBC, CBS). Once you hit four episodes, you get a $5000 bonus.

Syndication is when the big bucks start coming in Chum Lee gets about $125,000 per episode.

Mike
OK. And your sources?

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK. And your sources?

I don't know about the pay for Chump Lee but Gollum is right for the most part, especially for a 1st season show because the production company does not know what the outcome will be until after the 1st episode airs and sees what kind of ratings it gets! I know because I had 3 producers call me for 5 shows and 3 of them were not going to pay anything at all!

You can search my postings, I got it mentioned in one of the threads.

Last edited:

heartslayer2001

Oct 17, 2006
long prairie,mn
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, BOUNTY HUNTER 101
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yep i watch them to. lol needed something to watch. the black hand thingy is what threw it off, as the old man they talked to said, your finding black hand prints, then he said , i have seen red ones but not black. well if they were made with blood back in the day, blood turns black over time. But it seems they are finding way to many for it to be true. Also not finding any gold at all in any of the caves they searched or anything old from the 1800-1900's , but they did find a lamp, which also looked to new to be true.

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HeartSlayer I was told by an Apache that paints used for black were made from coal or charcoal mixed with spit or animal fat or with wild grapes and bark from various trees. Which in time will FADE and NOT LOOK NEW, especially after 100 years!

Red hand prints are usually made with REAL BLOOD when a representation of blood was recently spilled here, meaning people died there which will turn a reddish brown once the blood has dried and will eventually wash away during rainy weather if it gets wet, especially after 100 years in the elements! So finding any red hand prints that would be exposed to weather conditions will likely NOT BE FOUND in today's times, but I bet on any of the upcoming episodes, there will be a red hand print to show! But when Native Americans mark an area for death, they WILL USE REAL BLOOD FROM THE SLAIN for the markings and nothing else!

But for normal paintings and such for red they will use red clay's which contain oxides of iron, roots, berries, barks, and beets.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope they make lots of money. You are right they have been hunting this for some time. At least they can make money off the show. The more drama the better the show. You are right about the hands paint. It was done several different ways with many cultures. In the direct elements it would not last.

OP
OP
spanishgold1

spanishgold1

Mar 3, 2011
Utah
Detector(s) used
Pulse Star 2 Pro, Fisher CZ-21, Whites duel field, MineLab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Other
I had just finished watching the last show which I recorded Sunday. After giving it some thought I think I might be to hard on these guys. They are just like us, looking, dreaming of finding that one thing that we have been searching for. They all seem like great guys,with good intentions, but I am going to put the blame on the producers of the show. Think about how boring it would be to have a tv crew follow you out on one of your adventures? Pretty boring! If they followed me on one of my desert treasure adventures they would have to put in some other made up things, or planted things to make it interesting and worth watching. It would be out of my hands with the producers editing of my facial expressions or words plus the planted things and lets not forget the music to make it more exciting.
Bottom line, I wish them lots of luck, success, and safe passage. The thrill in treasure hunting is in the dreaming and just being out doors following those dreams swing your detector following your research and your hunch!

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How about that candle hanger they found that was made just for prospecting to pound in the side of a rock tunnel, if something like that was found you have to at least be on a trail to a mine and I wouldn't leave any stone of that area unturned. I say that was planted there as well or they should have said we have to look at everything along that direction.

yodi

Mar 24, 2015
NE Washington
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master / Garret Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This show is about as real as Jerry springer

frankie

Feb 7, 2010
mass
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 deus excalibur sovern but used gp4500 sd2200 whites nd a few fisher. Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The news would have been out by now about all these finds that are on T.V. Look at Oak Island. These shows were taped when? At least a year or two ago!

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dont give the researcher high marks for the story for what it is, trying to tell about something that theres absolutely no facts on. any way it sounds to me like they took the entire script from the thread RE: DUTCHMAN & GOVERNMENT CONSPIRACY REQUEST, BY daringEagle ?:BangHead: .np:cat: just my opinion.

Last edited:

copperpot

Mar 17, 2015
Mesa, AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know about the pay for Chump Lee but Gollum is right for the most part, especially for a 1st season show because the production company does not know what the outcome will be until after the 1st episode airs and sees what kind of ratings it gets! I know because I had 3 producers call me for 5 shows and 3 of them were not going to pay anything at all!

You can search my postings, I got it mentioned in one of the threads.

What were these 5 shows for?

RG1976

Mar 30, 2015
Scottsdale, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq & Vaquero

Leupold BX-3 Mojave & RX1200i Rangefinder
Primary Interest:
Other
I dont give the researcher high marks for the story for what it is, trying to tell about something that theres absolutely no facts on. any way it sounds to me like they took the entire script from the thread RE: DUTCHMAN & GOVERNMENT CONSPIRACY REQUEST, BY daringEagle ?:BangHead: .np:cat: just my opinion.

yes - agreed 100%

You should watch my video in the thread that was posted by me today.

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What were these 5 shows for?

Something "One Productions" for Discovery

1. Tusk Hunters.......was going to be filmed in Siberia, but Discovery canceled it because they were not happy with Siberian Cut. I don't blame them, I wasn't impressed with Siberian Cut either but doesn't mean Tusk Hunters would be a bomb either! Discovery wasn't happy with the American/Russian issues with each other. Discovery wanted to to a Tusk Hunting show in Siberia because the last 2 years Mammoth Tusks were being found by the dozens and then some just sticking out of the mud, ocean banks, rivers, and ground because the permafrost was thawing. Asia is a big buyer for Mammoth Tusks and is legal to sell there.

2. A survival show... can't recall the name I would have to go through my emails to find out, but that was canceled as well.

Shows Metal Flowers Media wanted to produce;

3. Ambergris Hunters.......(pretty much looking for Sperm Whale poo that high dollar perfume manufacturers in France pay for that they use in their perfumes), Pretty much told me I would not be paid anything but myself being on TV would give me exposure to other opportunities paying money! I declined and said I don't work for free and I don't think my ex-wife would appreciate not getting any money for 3 months especially me!

4. The Raft......Another survival show where you are stuck on a raft for 21 days with another person and you have to survive the elements in the ocean with whatever gear is found on the "Raft", (so they said). Same thing, told me I would not be paid but told me I would be exposed to other paying opportunities! I told them I would probably be exposed to some lame knucklehead crying like a baby and I would probably throw them overboard! I declined to work for free!

5. Colony.......Where you and a group of people are supposedly the only ones left on earth and have to survive any means of living. That is when I started questioning them on why are they contacting me if they are not going to pay anything above me working at a $7.00 an hour job at more than 60 hours a week? Hell, that wouldn't even pay my child support much less any bills I have! and I declined their offer!

6. Coaching Bad........Recently about 2 weeks ago they contacted me via phone calls after I ignored their emails and I told them to pretty much........F...OFF and then some and don't call me back, and hung up on them but you get the idea being I can't say exactly the words I used being this is a family forum!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions