anyone find anything suspicious about the show legends of the Dutchman mine show?

copperpot

Mar 17, 2015
Mesa, AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Something "One Productions" for Discovery

1. Tusk Hunters.......was going to be filmed in Siberia, but Discovery canceled it because they were not happy with Siberian Cut. I don't blame them, I wasn't impressed with Siberian Cut either but doesn't mean Tusk Hunters would be a bomb either! Discovery wasn't happy with the American/Russian issues with each other. Discovery wanted to to a Tusk Hunting show in Siberia because the last 2 years Mammoth Tusks were being found by the dozens and then some just sticking out of the mud, ocean banks, rivers, and ground because the permafrost was thawing. Asia is a big buyer for Mammoth Tusks and is legal to sell there.

2. A survival show... can't recall the name I would have to go through my emails to find out, but that was canceled as well.

Shows Metal Flowers Media wanted to produce;

3. Ambergris Hunters.......(pretty much looking for Sperm Whale poo that high dollar perfume manufacturers in France pay for that they use in their perfumes), Pretty much told me I would not be paid anything but myself being on TV would give me exposure to other opportunities paying money! I declined and said I don't work for free and I don't think my ex-wife would appreciate not getting any money for 3 months especially me!

4. The Raft......Another survival show where you are stuck on a raft for 21 days with another person and you have to survive the elements in the ocean with whatever gear is found on the "Raft", (so they said). Same thing, told me I would not be paid but told me I would be exposed to other paying opportunities! I told them I would probably be exposed to some lame knucklehead crying like a baby and I would probably throw them overboard! I declined to work for free!

5. Colony.......Where you and a group of people are supposedly the only ones left on earth and have to survive any means of living. That is when I started questioning them on why are they contacting me if they are not going to pay anything above me working at a $7.00 an hour job at more than 60 hours a week? Hell, that wouldn't even pay my child support much less any bills I have! and I declined their offer!

6. Coaching Bad........Recently about 2 weeks ago they contacted me via phone calls after I ignored their emails and I told them to pretty much........F...OFF and then some and don't call me back, and hung up on them but you get the idea being I can't say exactly the words I used being this is a family forum!

Nice! Thanks for sharing. Would you go on a LDM show?

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! Thanks for sharing. Would you go on a LDM show?

That is a funny question! "IF" it was all factual and NO made up BS..... "IF" I knew a lot of the history around there with the LDM......"IF" the producers let those who participated make it real and documentary of full facts and going out to real locations, instead of making a false claim of what was in a cave, etc. Sure, who wouldn't?

I was excited about the show when it was going to come on and after watching the first 2 episodes I learned real quick it was a disappointment and a let down.

Problems with it is more than I want to type here.

When the producer for Discovery called me on the Tusk Hunters and the Survival Show deal, I pretty much explained to him if they planned on having a film crew follow me they better be prepared to "hump it" because I don't stop for anything and I will take chances even though in some cases safety may be involved when it comes to me but I won't put anyone's life in danger, especially with a goal of finding something. Mid April will be my 25th anniversary of serving the Army and I am not quitting as of yet, my mentality is beyond anyone's norm who is just "used" to doing everyday things and I don't sit behind a desk, not yet anyway!

Even my local GPAA clubs members won't go out with me when I go prospecting for the fact I trekked chest high rivers, climbed steep hills, mountain sides, over big rocks to get to areas not easily accessible, etc, all with a back pack loaded down with 60-80lbs of gear! Some tried, even the younger ones 10-15 years younger than me and they quit out 1/4-1/2 way out 1 mile out or up and I have to wait on them so I don't leave them in danger by themselves in case they get hurt! One new guy I met, (he was 5 years younger than me), decided and asked if he go with me, I told him I was going up about 2 miles up river and he said OK. I said sure no problem if he can keep up. Most of the other people there that knew me well forewarned him about going with me, but he insisted he will be OK. What he didn't bother to tell anyone, not even me, (which I found out 1 and a 1/2 miles up stream of a good flowing river trekking in shallow rocky areas that went ankle deep to chest deep waters and a lot of crossing tributaries and sand that your feet would sink to your ankles as your are trekking), It was then after I had to wait on him to catch up several times that he decided to tell me he had a heart condition and just got out of the hospital 2 months prior! I was like WTH are you doing with me then? Almost totally ruined my day! I suggested we go back but he wanted to prospect. After I had him rest up, I found a place there to prospect and showed him how to pan. I found a couple little pickers and some small amount of flour gold and some garnet and let him keep it. It sure made him smile as he never seen gold like that up close. Of course it was a longer trip going back to camp and every 50ft I had to stop and let him catch his breath and rest up!

copperpot

Mar 17, 2015
Mesa, AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a funny question! "IF" it was all factual and NO made up BS..... "IF" I knew a lot of the history around there with the LDM......"IF" the producers let those who participated make it real and documentary of full facts and going out to real locations, instead of making a false claim of what was in a cave, etc. Sure, who wouldn't?

I was excited about the show when it was going to come on and after watching the first 2 episodes I learned real quick it was a disappointment and a let down.

Problems with it is more than I want to type here.

When the producer for Discovery called me on the Tusk Hunters and the Survival Show deal, I pretty much explained to him if they planned on having a film crew follow me they better be prepared to "hump it" because I don't stop for anything and I will take chances even though in some cases safety may be involved when it comes to me but I won't put anyone's life in danger, especially with a goal of finding something. Mid April will be my 25th anniversary of serving the Army and I am not quitting as of yet, my mentality is beyond anyone's norm who is just "used" to doing everyday things and I don't sit behind a desk, not yet anyway!

Even my local GPAA clubs members won't go out with me when I go prospecting for the fact I trekked chest high rivers, climbed steep hills, mountain sides, over big rocks to get to areas not easily accessible, etc, all with a back pack loaded down with 60-80lbs of gear! Some tried, even the younger ones 10-15 years younger than me and they quit out 1/4-1/2 way out 1 mile out or up and I have to wait on them so I don't leave them in danger by themselves in case they get hurt! One new guy I met, (he was 5 years younger than me), decided and asked if he go with me, I told him I was going up about 2 miles up river and he said OK. I said sure no problem if he can keep up. Most of the other people there that knew me well forewarned him about going with me, but he insisted he will be OK. What he didn't bother to tell anyone, not even me, (which I found out 1 and a 1/2 miles up stream of a good flowing river trekking in shallow rocky areas that went ankle deep to chest deep waters and a lot of crossing tributaries and sand that your feet would sink to your ankles as your are trekking), It was then after I had to wait on him to catch up several times that he decided to tell me he had a heart condition and just got out of the hospital 2 months prior! I was like WTH are you doing with me then? Almost totally ruined my day! I suggested we go back but he wanted to prospect. After I had him rest up, I found a place there to prospect and showed him how to pan. I found a couple little pickers and some small amount of flour gold and some garnet and let him keep it. It sure made him smile as he never seen gold like that up close. Of course it was a longer trip going back to camp and every 50ft I had to stop and let him catch his breath and rest up!

Nice thanks for sharing! Do you find better gold by going in more difficult hard to reach areas? Ever thought about hiking in difficult areas in West Virginia, Appalachians, during ginseng season, and hunting for that 'Sang'?

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice thanks for sharing! Do you find better gold by going in more difficult hard to reach areas? Ever thought about hiking in difficult areas in West Virginia, Appalachians, during ginseng season, and hunting for that 'Sang'?

Most of everyone in my GPAA club stays close to the camp site and banks of the river by it, which means a lot of people in one area. More people using high bankers, and suction dredges in one area less likely to find a lot of anything.

I do find some better gold, in some cases with a lot more garnet by going further up river and harder to reach areas where most of the people don't think of going. Usually when I go up river I have to trek the river upstream and it is usually a 30-40 minute trek just to get there and then find a good spot. I found a lot of whirlpool holes in the granite slab that people never knew was there and I would bring back nice stuff and tell them how I found it in the whirlpool holes in the granite would be anywhere from 12" around a 3ft deep. One whirlpool hole was about 3ft in diameter and I could stand in it and the granite slab would be even with my waist. I would pick out all the little rocks and bigger rocks around 4-8 inches in diameter, clean out the hole nice and clean, and when I was done, put all the rocks back in it about 1/4 full and pan my dirt and see what I would find!

When I was on Active Duty in the 90's I used to hike up in the mountains of North Carolina and Northern Georgia. I generally DID NOT stay on hiking trails because I'd rather explore places where people generally don't go.

Can't say I been up in West Virginia and ginseng? Can't say I would have any interest. Watched the show a couple of times and thought it to be stupid as well! But that TVo so called acting!

Last edited:

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most of everyone in my GPAA club stays close to the camp site and banks of the river by it, which means a lot of people in one area. More people using high bankers, and suction dredges in one area less likely to find a lot of anything.

I do find some better gold, in some cases with a lot more garnet by going further up river and harder to reach areas where most of the people don't think of going. Usually when I go up river I have to trek the river upstream and it is usually a 30-40 minute trek just to get there and then find a good spot. I found a lot of whirlpool holes in the granite slab that people never knew was there and I would bring back nice stuff and tell them how I found it in the whirlpool holes in the granite would be anywhere from 12" around a 3ft deep. One whirlpool hole was about 3ft in diameter and I could stand in it and the granite slab would be even with my waist. I would pick out all the little rocks and bigger rocks around 4-8 inches in diameter, clean out the hole nice and clean, and when I was done, put all the rocks back in it about 1/4 full and pan my dirt and see what I would find!

When I was on Active Duty in the 90's I used to hike up in the mountains of North Carolina and Northern Georgia. I generally DID NOT stay on hiking trails because I'd rather explore places where people generally don't go.

Can't say I been up in West Virginia and ginseng? Can't say I would have any interest. Watched the show a couple of times and thought it to be stupid as well! But that TVo so called acting!

That is cool that production companies have contacted you though.
I like "making my own trail" also. :icon_thumright:
Gin sang! I watch the show...if I happen upon it. With all the trespassing, theft of 'Sang....everyone armed....I say yeh right!:laughing7:

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't even know how they got my contact number or anything about me on the first show I was offered and the producer didn't know. He was given my contact info by some executives at Discovery. Then they all started calling me out of the blue! I guess if they wanted me that bad they would have had me on something paying me in the process. But oh well, I am not going to lose any sleep over it!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread