Spring Thing

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Tesoro Sand Shark,Nautilus DMC 1, Garrett Grand Master Hunter,Garrett Master Hunter 5 , Whites Coinmaster 5000/D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It def feels like spring here in my neck of N.C. today! Temp 3-4 001.JPG

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
84 degrees as I type this in central Florida...headed to the beach this weekend for our first hunt of the year.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's like that strange sensation you get when you think you're being followed, like something is sneaking up on you in the dark. You turn around and you can't see it and you don't hear it but you know it's there, somewhere. It's lurking and looming about in little pieces and they're drifting unseen all around us, those little bits & pieces of spring. :thumbsup:

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was 7 degrees yesterday, but is supposed to be 53, yes 53 degrees here in a week. We don't have more than six inches snow cover, so I might actually see ground or even slightly thawed ground in a week. Not likely to stay that way, after all it is March, and Minnesota, but I might throw some batteries in the detector just in case.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why wait? I just may hit the snow piles an see what's there....besides car parts! Lol!

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes! Yes! Yes! 50's! Maybe even 60's next week! Of course, nurse Nasty says I can't do anything yet! She's such a killjoy! :laughing7:

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BigScoop, you mean you aren't allowed out for a slow little walk? The metal detector would function like a cane, just to steady yourself if needed. Now if we can just come up with a good reason why you would also need your digger along you would be set.

voodoo

Nov 10, 2013
calgary
Detector(s) used
AT Gold, Pro pointer AT, Lesche digger, Garrett digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All I got out of this thread was ....84 degrees, beach, first hunt........... jerk. Just kidding hope you have a great time out there and find some neat stuff!! Cheers and happy Hunting!

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I can feel Spring coming. We got about 2 solid feet of snow on my lawn right now, but its that type of snow thats been compacted after a couple days of +32F weather. It was as high as 4 feet a couple weeks ago. Yes indeed, Spring is on the way and everyone watch out because I got me a new detector this year! Woot!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Higgy's going to find it all now! Just remember you have to post all the pics too!

relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Snow,ice and freezing cold yesterday, cold today but spring still in the air. I call it the unofficial last day of winter. Mercury on the rise from here on.
I'm planning on enough melt and thaw to do some kind of detecting by next weekend, if not sooner. Yay!

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mmmmmmmmmmmmm What's Winter!!!! Yep I Know I feel Sorry for you all Ye Only thing that as Kept us from Hunting Here Is Work Or Rain!!! HH To all It will Warm Up soon And You will be out Digging And Scooping up the Treasure Soon Chug and Red

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BigScoop, you mean you aren't allowed out for a slow little walk? The metal detector would function like a cane, just to steady yourself if needed. Now if we can just come up with a good reason why you would also need your digger along you would be set.

In all fairness to those keeping tabs on me, it's very deceiving. You can think you feel pretty darn good and rested but you peter-out pretty quickly. I thought I felt great today, had my brother run me out to Wal-mart so I could pickup some groceries and stretch my legs.......won't be making that mistake again anytime soon. :laughing7:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A good rule I was told you can do half of what you think you can do! Surgery knocks the wind out of ya and your socks right off ya, for a while!

Kevin in IN

Feb 21, 2011
N.Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov.GT , Explorer SE Pro , Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MY wife was watching people driving their SUV's on the lake ice fishing yesterday. It may take a couple weeks here.:BangHead:

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MY wife was watching people driving their SUV's on the lake ice fishing yesterday. It may take a couple weeks here.:BangHead:
I didn't know at first what your bird was eating in your avatar picture...my conure likes to play with my rings too...he shakes them like crazy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread