I wanna smash my tablet

wainzoid

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2007
morrisons cove = smell our dairy air
I tried to make a post a little while ago on my tablet. I've been using it for the last couple years instead of my outdated pc. Haven't had many problems posting or adding the occasional pic. Always have the fat finger problem with the touch screen. So today when I would upload my pics they were turned sideways. I would rotate them in my gallery but would still load wrong. So I took new pics horizontally instead of vertically. And they loaded properly. So I added text between each and hit 'preview post' and the text was gone. Hit auto restore and and all the pics were gone. Now I wanna smash my tablet. It just seems it don't want me to add more than 1 pic per post. Im using full site and not phone app. So as soon as my blood pressure drops Im going to try again. This time one pic per post

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I can understand the frustration, always best to take a deep breath, relax and try again. Those tablets ain't cheap! Lol

Sent from a empty soda can!

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm pretty happy I never had that happen to me yet. I had a time when I set my phone to make space automatically, long story short it deleted photos one by one over a course of a month, I downloaded some big apps and all of my photos were gone!!

Sorry about that, Coinman123:thumbsup:

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Please don't smash your tablet.

Crushing or burning is the approved method.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had my iPad for four years, and love it. But if I have pics to post, I still use the PC because it is easier and much less frustrating. My PC is ancient, but has functioned mostly as a dumb box since I got the iPad and only gets turned on once a week or so when I do online banking and such. Otherwise, and except for posting pics, the ipad is my best friend.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Just be glad that you weren't living in the 1800's and everytime you ran your' fingernail across your' tablet (old chalk tablet), it would screech and send shivers up your' spine and it couldn't send pics!:icon_scratch::laughing7:

Frank

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Here's a suggestion.

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
I tried to make a post a little while ago on my tablet. I've been using it for the last couple years instead of my outdated pc. Haven't had many problems posting or adding the occasional pic. Always have the fat finger problem with the touch screen. So today when I would upload my pics they were turned sideways. I would rotate them in my gallery but would still load wrong. So I took new pics horizontally instead of vertically. And they loaded properly. So I added text between each and hit 'preview post' and the text was gone. Hit auto restore and and all the pics were gone. Now I wanna smash my tablet. It just seems it don't want me to add more than 1 pic per post. Im using full site and not phone app. So as soon as my blood pressure drops Im going to try again. This time one pic per post

I feel your pain. Might be a good time to put the tablet down and get yourself a Happy Meal.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My iPad mini does that to me too. I have to remember to turn the iPad sideways to take a pic so it posts the right way then if I'm trying it insert more than one pic I have to post it and then edit the post to insert another pic.

Oh and the key board loves to do me in too, it skips letters that I tap then auto correct steps in to finish the job of making me look like a total idiot if I don't catch and correct it.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Sent from a empty soda can!

relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

I can surely relate,wainzoid; My son got me one for christmas that I thought would make posting (esp pictures) a snap. It was aweful;.
My wife now uses it to play games!

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
permission granted my son

repent for going to the dark side of technology